Do I Need to Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
If you have been involved in a car accident in Florida, you may need to hire a personal injury attorney. However, it generally depends on the circumstances of the collision and the severity of your injuries.
For example, if you have not been injured, then you most likely won’t need legal services. On the other hand, if you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury that results in missing time from work to recover, having a lawyer on your side can help you obtain your entitled compensation to cover medical expenses, lost wages, as well as pain and suffering.
The following are the circumstances when you need to hire a lawyer after a car accident:
- Serious injury – As we mentioned above, you want to hire an attorney if you suffered serious or catastrophic injuries stemming from a car accident. Not only will you need compensation to pay for past and current medical bills, but also future medical costs. Your lawyer can ensure both past and future medical expenses are taken care of.
- Death – If a loved one passes away in a car accident, you need to hire a lawyer for the case to recover funeral and burial expenses, past and future medical costs before the death, and other damages related to the loss.
- Fault – If the at-fault driver blames you for the collision, then you need to hire a lawyer to hold the other party liable for their negligent actions. Keep in mind, Florida is a “pure comparative fault” state, meaning your damages will be reduced by your percentage of fault.
- More than one party – If there are additional parties, such as multiple drivers or pedestrians, your car accident claim will be more complex. To protect your rights and best interests, having a lawyer on your side can make a difference.
- Police report – If the police report fails to accurately describe the accident and places you at fault, a lawyer will fight your case.
You want a lawyer who is well-versed in car accident claims and personal injury lawsuits. With nearly two decades of legal experience, our legal team at The Fran Haasch Law Group has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients by providing them with compassionate and customized legal solutions.
Contact us and schedule a free consultation for more information today.