Seat belts prevent car accident fatalities by restraining and protecting your body. However, while seat belts protect us, they can also cause bruising and sometimes severe injuries.
If you or someone you know is experiencing a seat belt-related injury due to someone else’s negligence, it is important to know that you have legal options. At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping victims of car accidents. Our attorneys help victims achieve a higher average car accident settlement to rebuild their lives. We know how to fight for our clients, and we will do everything possible to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review.
Seat Belt Syndrome
Seat belt syndrome is a bruising that can occur when involved in a car accident. When involved in a collision, your body is thrown forward, and the seat belt catches you. Seat belt injuries occur when the seat belt digs into your skin, leading to bruising.
Common Seat Belt Injuries
The most common seat belt injury is a bruise to the chest. This is caused by the seat belt restraining your body during a collision. The force of the crash can cause the seat belt to dig into your skin, which can lead to bruising. Other seat belt related injuries include:
- Internal Bruising – Seat belt injuries can also cause internal injuries. This is when the seat belt presses against your internal organs, causing them to bruise. This type of injury is more serious and can lead to severe pain and long-term health problems.
- Abdominal Trauma – Lap belts often cause abdominal trauma. They occur when the seat belt wraps around your lap presses against your stomach. This pressure from the accident can cause abdominal pain, serious injury to your organs, and in some cases, death.
- Fractured or Bruised Ribs – Fractured ribs are another type of seat belt injury during a collision. This happens when the force of the crash causes the seat belt to press into your chest, breaking your ribs.
- Soft Tissue Injuries – Soft tissue injuries occur when the force of the motor vehicle accident causes the seat belt to damage your muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
How Do I Know If My Injury is Seat Belt Related?
If you are involved in an auto accident, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible. They will be able to assess your injuries and determine the cause of your injuries.
How Are Seat Belt Injuries Treated?
The treatment for seat belt injuries depends on the severity of the injury. Minor bruises can be treated with ice and over-the-counter pain medication. More serious injuries, such as internal bruising, may require hospitalization and surgery.
Can I Sue for Seat Belt Related Injuries?
If you have been injured in a car accident caused by another driver, you may be able to file a personal injury claim for damages. Speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer to learn more about your legal options.
What Damages Can I Recover?
If you are successful in a personal injury lawsuit, you may be able to recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer to learn more about the damages available to you.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim in Florida?
If you have been injured in a car accident, you have four years to file a personal injury claim.
What The Fran Haasch Law Group Can Do For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we focus on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits, and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
With over 20 years of experience, we draw on constant medical research to help clients recover after being injured in auto accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
We Get You the Compensation You Deserve
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we understand that no amount of financial recovery can undo what you have been through. However, a fair settlement or jury verdict can ease the financial burden of unexpected medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages associated with your accident.
We have obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements for personal injury cases involving auto accidents, as well as claims concerning wrongful death and catastrophic injuries.
Here are a few of our car accident case results:
- $1.8 million for our client in Pinellas County who was injured in a car accident
- $1.8 million for a 33-year-old female client in Hillsborough County who was lawfully stopped for a left-turning vehicle ahead when she was rear-ended by the defendant vehicle, which was then rear-ended by the vehicle behind it, causing the client to feel two impacts. This resulted in multiple back surgeries and an infection which caused the client to be hospitalized several times.
- $1.6 million for a 25-year-old female passenger on a motorcycle when the defendant cut across the client’s path. The client was thrown over 200 feet from the motorcycle. The accident resulted in a fractured leg, broken finger, back surgery, and many other injuries.
- $1.55 million for a 46-year old male in Pasco County who was stopped at a red light on U.S. Highway 19 in Pasco County and was rear-ended by the defendant at a high rate of speed.
- $1.35 million for a client in Pasco County. The defendant turned left in front of our client, causing the client’s vehicle to flip and resulting in many injuries.
- $1.34 million for a 69-year-old male client in Orange County who was in the left turn lane when the defendant came across his pathway while attempting to turn and collided with the client. The accident resulted in multiple severe injuries, including a fractured pelvis, broken ribs, punctured lung, a broken arm that required surgery, and several lacerations.
- $1.3 million for a 33-year-old female client in Pinellas County who was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light with her three children in the car with her. The accident resulted in multiple surgeries and complications.
- $1.025 for our client injured in a car accident in Hillsborough County.
- $1.0 million for a client in Hillsborough County rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate.
Contact an Experienced Accident Attorney Today
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we are committed to fighting for your fair recovery. We strive to help injured individuals and the loved ones of those wrongfully killed, secure the full, fair recovery they are owed. We offer dedicated legal representation for car accident victims and victims of bicycle, rideshare, and semi-truck accidents.
If you feel you have been the victim of a car accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 784-8191 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.