Wesley Chapel is a census-designated place in Pasco County. It’s a suburb in the Tampa Bay Area. With just over 44,000 residents, many people choose the area because of its proximity to I-75 and I-275. It’s only 25 miles north of Downtown Tampa and is adjacent to New Tampa.
Like any other Florida city, Wesley Chapel has its share of motorcycle accidents. If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, you should contact a motorcycle accident lawyer.
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we will help you navigate the complex legal system. They will also work to get you the compensation that you deserve. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, don’t hesitate to contact one of our lawyers today.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Wesley Chapel
Motorcycle accidents can cause severe injuries. Some of the most common injuries that occur in motorcycle accidents include:
- Head and neck injuries: Florida has a mandatory motorcycle helmet law. However, motorcycle helmets do not always prevent head and neck injuries. When an accident throws someone off their bike, their helmet could fly off, or they could be hit by another vehicle.
- Broken bones: Because motorcycle riders do not have the same type of protection that car drivers have, they are more likely to suffer broken bones in an accident.
- Road rash: Road rash is a common injury in motorcycle crashes. When riders are thrown from their bike, they can slide across the pavement. This can cause severe injuries to their skin.
- Back and spinal cord injuries: Back and spinal cord injuries are some of the most serious injuries that can occur in a motorcycle accident. These types of injuries can lead to paralysis or even death.
- Internal injuries: Collapsed lungs, internal bleeding, and organ damage are all internal injuries that can occur in a motorcycle collision.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle crash, you must contact an experienced lawyer immediately. A motorcycle accident lawyer at The Fran Haasch Law Group can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Contacting a lawyer as soon as possible is important because it will allow them to begin investigating your accident and gathering evidence. It could hurt your case if you wait too long to contact a lawyer.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in the Wesley Chapel Area
- Speeding: Speeding is one of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents. When drivers speed, they have less time to react to hazards on the road. This can lead to them crashing into a motorcycle.
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving is another leading cause of motorcycle accidents. Drivers texting, talking on the phone, or even not paying attention to the road can cause serious accidents.
- Poor road conditions: Potholes, debris, and oil slicks can all cause motorcycle accidents.
- Driver error: Drivers who are not paying attention or driving recklessly can cause motorcycle accidents.
- Vehicle defects: A motorcycle with defective brakes or tires could cause an accident.
- Bad weather: Rain, snow, and ice can make it difficult for drivers to see motorcycle riders.
Contact a Wesley Chapel motorcycle accident lawyer today if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident. You deserve compensation for your injuries, and an experienced lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Wesley Chapel motorcycle accident lawyers have experience dealing with all motorcycle accidents. They will know how to investigate your accident and gather evidence to support your claim. Contact a personal injury lawyer today to get started on your case.
Determining Liability in Your Wesley Chapel Motorcycle Accident Case
Motorcycle safety is a concern whether you are in Wesley Chapel or headed out of town on SR56. Florida has the second-highest number of motorcycles per capita of any state in the United States. This seriously increases the risk of accidents for motorcycle operators. If you have been involved in an accident, you should know a few things about liability and how it may affect your case.
Liability means that someone is legally responsible for the damages caused by an accident. In Wesley Chapel, liability in motor vehicle accidents is determined by who was at fault for the accident.
In Florida, motorcycle operators are not required to carry insurance to register a motorcycle. So, motorcycles are excluded from the PIP statute. The at-fault driver will be legally responsible for your damages if you’re involved in a motorcycle accident. You will have to file a claim with their insurance company to get compensated. You can file a personal injury lawsuit against them if they don’t have insurance.
Pure Comparative Fault in Your Wesley Chapel Motorcycle Accident Claim
In some states, if you are found to be even partially at fault for an accident, you will not be able to recover any damages. This is not the case in Florida. Florida uses a pure comparative fault system. This means that even if you are found to be partially at fault for an accident, you can still recover damages.
For example, let’s say you are involved in an accident with a car. The car makes a left turn in front of you, and you hit the car. The police investigated the accident and determined that the vehicle was 50% at fault and you were 50% at fault. Even though you were found to be partially at fault, you can still recover damages. Your percentage of fault will reduce your damages. In this example, you could recover 50% of your damages.
Contact a Wesley Chapel motorcycle accident lawyer today if you have been involved in a motorcycle accident. They can help you understand your legal options and fight for the compensation you deserve.
What Happens If I’m At-Fault?
Suppose you are at fault for an accident and have bodily injury liability insurance. In that case, your insurance company will likely pay for the damages caused by the accident up to your limit.
If you don’t have bodily injury liability, you will likely have to pay for the damages yourself. The other driver might also sue you. If you are sued and found at fault, you could be responsible for paying the other driver’s damages and your own legal fees.
Contact a lawyer today if you have been involved in a motorcycle accident. A Wesley Chapel motorcycle accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. You should not have to pay for someone else’s mistakes.
How Much Money Can Motorcycle Accident Victims Receive?
There is no set amount of money that motorcycle accident victims can receive. The amount of damages you are entitled to will depend on the severity of your injuries, the cost of your medical bills, and other factors. You can recover damages such as:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Wesley Chapel Today
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we support the Tampa Bay biker community personally and professionally. We understand personal injury law for motorcyclists and have committed to protecting motorcycle rider rights.
We have handled numerous motorcycle accident claims in Wesley Chapel, Clearwater, Palm Harbor, and Tampa and know insurance companies’ strategies to avoid rewarding full compensation.
If you feel you have been the victim of a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 784-8191 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your injury case.