If you are a truck accident victim, you may be entitled to compensation. To find out if you have a case, you should speak with a qualified truck accident lawyer. An experienced lawyer will be able to review the facts of your case and help you determine whether you are eligible for compensation.
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping people like you get the money they need to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and more. We know what it takes to win a Florida truck accident claim, and we are here to help you every step of the way.
Leading Causes of Clearwater Truck Accidents
Several factors can lead to a truck accident. Some of the most common causes include:
- Driver fatigue
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Improper loading or unloading of cargo
If you have been injured in a truck accident, speaking with an experienced lawyer is important to learn more about your legal options. A qualified attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Trucking Regulations in Florida
Trucking regulations are set at the federal level by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). These regulations apply to all trucking companies and truck drivers, regardless of their state.
Some of the most important trucking regulations include:
- Truck drivers must take a break after driving for eight hours
- Truck drivers must keep a log of their hours
- Truck drivers must undergo regular medical exams
- Trucks must be properly maintained
If you have been involved in an accident with a truck, it is important to speak with a lawyer who is familiar with the trucking regulations. A qualified lawyer will be able to determine if the truck driver or trucking company violated any regulations.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
If you have been injured in a truck accident, it is important to seek medical attention right away. Your lawyer will help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Some common injuries you may suffer from after an accident include:
- Broken bones
- Back and neck injuries
What Should I Do After a Clearwater Truck Accident?
After a truck accident, the most important thing to do is to stay calm. Try not to panic or leave the accident scene. Taking the proper steps is important to ensure your accident claim is as successful as possible.
Seek Medical Treatment
The first thing you should do after a truck accident is to seek medical treatment. Even if you do not think you are injured, it is important to get checked out by a doctor. Some injuries may not show symptoms immediately, such as a concussion or whiplash.
Exchange Information With Other Drivers
You should also exchange information with the other driver, including their name, address, and insurance information.
Do Not Admit Fault
Do not admit fault for the accident, even if you think you are at fault. It is important to speak with an attorney before accepting any responsibility. The other driver or their insurance company may try to blame you for the accident to avoid paying compensation.
You should also gather evidence from the collision scene, including police reports, witness statements, and pictures of the accident.
Contact Your Insurance Company
You should also contact your insurance company as soon as possible. They will likely want to investigate the accident and may contact the other driver’s insurance company.
Contact a Clearwater Truck Accident Lawyer
The best thing you can do after a truck accident is to contact a Clearwater truck accident attorney. Our lawyers will help you file your claim and get the compensation you deserve. We have years of experience handling truck accident cases and will fight for your rights.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Truck Accident Attorney?
When you hire a Clearwater truck accident attorney at The Fran Haasch Law Group, you can rest assured that you are in good hands. We will handle every aspect of your case and will fight for the compensation you deserve.
Some of the benefits of hiring a lawyer include:
- We have years of experience handling truck accident cases
- We know the ins and outs of the legal system
- We will handle all of the paperwork for you
- We will contact the insurance companies on your behalf
- We will fight for your rights
If you have been injured in a truck accident, it is important to contact a Clearwater truck accident attorney right away. Our lawyers will help you get the compensation you deserve.
Liable Parties in a Truck Accident Claim
Several parties may be liable for your injuries when you file an injury claim. These parties include the truck driver, the trucking company, and the truck manufacturer. It is important to speak with a lawyer familiar with trucking regulations and law to determine who the at-fault party is in your truck accident case.
Comparative Negligence in Clearwater
As of March 2023, Florida has transitioned from a pure comparative fault system to a “greater percentage of fault” system under HB 837. This new system imposes a bar on recovery of damages if a party is found to be greater than 50% at fault for their own harm.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Truck Crash in Florida?
To prove negligence after a truck accident, you must show that the driver or trucking company acted carelessly or recklessly. This can be done by providing evidence of the following:
- The driver was driving too fast for the conditions
- The driver was driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- The trucking company failed to maintain the truck properly
- The driver was not following the rules of the road
Evidence of negligence can be found in police reports, pictures of the accident scene, and witness statements. Your lawyer will help you gather all the evidence necessary to ensure you have a solid case.
What Damages Are Available to Truck Accident Victims in Florida?
Several damages are available to accident victims in Florida. These include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Wrongful Death Claims for Truck Accidents in Clearwater
If you have lost a loved one in a truck accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim. A wrongful death claim is a civil lawsuit that allows the victim’s survivors to recover damages for their loss.
The Statute of Limitations for Truck Accident Claims in Florida
The Statute of Limitations is the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit after an accident. The statute of limitations for truck accident cases is two years in Florida. This means you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. If you have been injured in a truck accident, it is important to contact a Clearwater truck accident lawyer. Our lawyers will get started on your case as soon as possible.
How Long Does It Take to File a Lawsuit After a Truck Accident in Florida?
There is no set amount of time it will take to file a lawsuit. Timing depends on several factors, including the severity of the injuries and the amount of damages claimed. The best way to determine how long it will take to file is to contact a Clearwater truck accident attorney.
Factors That May Impact Your Claim
There are a number of factors that can impact your truck accident claim. Some of these factors include:
- The driver’s history
- The condition of the truck
- The weather conditions at the time of the accident
- The road conditions at the time of the accident
- The severity of your injuries
These are just a few of the factors that can affect your claim. Contact a Clearwater truck accident attorney to discuss your specific case.
What Our Clearwater Truck Accident Attorneys Can Do For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we focus on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits, and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, etc.
With over 20 years of experience, we draw on constant legal and medical research to help clients recover after being injured in motor vehicle accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
We Get You the Compensation You Deserve
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, our personal injury attorneys understand that no amount of financial recovery can undo what you have been through. However, a fair settlement or jury verdict can ease the financial burden of unexpected medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages associated with your accident.
We have obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements in personal injury cases involving auto accidents and claims concerning wrongful death and catastrophic injuries.
Here are a few of our car accident case results:
- $1.8 million for our client in Pinellas County who was injured in an auto accident.
- $1.8 million for a 33-year-old female client in Hillsborough County who was lawfully stopped for a left-turning vehicle ahead when she was rear-ended by the defendant vehicle, which was then rear-ended by the vehicle behind it, causing the client to feel two impacts. This resulted in multiple back surgeries and an infection which caused the client to be hospitalized several times.
- $1.6 million for a 25-year-old female passenger on a motorcycle when the defendant cut across the client’s path. The client was thrown over 200 feet from the motorcycle. The accident resulted in a fractured leg, broken finger, back surgery, and many other injuries.
- $1.55 million for a 46-year old male in Pasco County who was stopped at a red light on U.S. Highway 19 in Pasco County and was rear-ended by the defendant at a high rate of speed.
- $1.35 million for a client in Pasco County. The defendant turned left in front of our client, causing the client’s vehicle to flip and resulting in many injuries.
- $1.34 million for a 69-year-old male client in Orange County who was in the left turn lane when the defendant came across his pathway while attempting to turn and collided with the client. The accident resulted in multiple severe injuries, including a fractured pelvis, broken ribs, punctured lung, a broken arm that required surgery, and several lacerations.
- $1.3 million for a 33-year-old female client in Pinellas County who was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light with her three children in the car with her. The accident resulted in multiple surgeries and complications.
- $1.025 million for our client injured in a car accident in Hillsborough County.
- $1 million for a client in Hillsborough County rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate.
Contact an Experienced Clearwater Truck Accident Lawyer Today
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, our Clearwater truck accident lawyers are committed to fighting for your fair recovery. We offer dedicated legal representation for truck accident victims and bicycle, rideshare, and car accidents victims. We strive to help injured individuals and the loved ones of those wrongfully killed, secure the full, fair recovery they are owed.
If you feel you have been the victim of a serious car crash through no fault of your own. Our legal team is prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 784-8191 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.