Neck injuries may require long-term care and can be costly. If you’ve been injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, contact a car accident lawyer. An experienced lawyer can help you understand your rights and options, guide you through the legal process, and represent you in negotiations or court proceedings. In addition, they will work to get you a fair settlement for your injuries and other losses.
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping car accident victims get the money they need to rebuild their lives. We know how to fight for our clients, and we will do everything possible to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review.
Common Neck Injuries After Car Accidents
If you are injured in a car accident, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think you are injured, it is important to get checked out by a doctor. Many neck injuries don’t show symptoms right away. You may feel fine after the accident but develop problems later on.
Some common neck injuries after a car accident include:
Whiplash Associated Disorders (WAD)
A whiplash injury, also called a neck sprain, occurs when your head is suddenly jerked forward and then backward. This can damage the muscles, ligaments, and discs in your neck. The term whiplash-associated disorders describes the symptoms you experience after whiplash.
Some common symptoms of whiplash include:
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Muscle spasms
Cervical Spine Fracture
A cervical spine fracture is a break in one or more of the bones in your neck. These fractures often occur after a back or neck injury. They can be severe and may require surgery.
Some common symptoms of a cervical spine fracture include:
- Neck pain
- Numbness or tingling in your arms or legs
- Difficulty breathing
A disc herniation is a spinal cord injury that occurs when the soft center of a spinal disc bulges out. This can press on your spinal cord or nerves and cause pain, numbness, and tingling.
Some common symptoms of a disc herniation include:
- Neck pain
- Arm or leg pain
- Numbness or tingling
Degenerative Disc Disease
Degenerative disc disease is a condition that occurs when the discs between your vertebrae break down. This can cause pain, numbness, and tingling.
Some common symptoms of degenerative disc disease include:
- Neck pain
- Arm or leg pain
Lumbar Spine Injuries
The lumbar spine is the lower part of your spinal cord and runs from your waist to your buttocks.
Some common symptoms of a lumbar spine injury include:
- Lower back pain
- Pain in your buttocks or legs
- Numbness or tingling in your legs
- Difficulty walking
How Long Does it Take For Symptoms to Appear After a Car Accident?
It can take a few hours, days, or even a few weeks for car accident neck injury symptoms to appear. If you have any concerns after your car accident, seek medical treatment. Don’t wait for the symptoms to go away. Early treatment is important for preventing long-term complications.
Long-Term Complications of Neck Injuries After a Car Accident
Many car accident victims suffer from long-term complications due to their neck injuries. This can include:
- Chronic pain
- Difficulty moving your neck
- Sleep problems
How is a Neck Injury Diagnosed?
If you have any symptoms of a neck injury, see a doctor. They will ask about your medical history and how the injury occurred. They will also do a physical exam.
Imaging tests may be done to check for broken bones or other damage. These tests can include X-rays, computed tomography (CT) scans, or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans.
Treatment for a Neck Injury After a Car Accident
There is no one-size-fits-all treatment for neck injuries after car accidents. The type of treatment you need depends on the severity of your injury.
Some common treatments include:
- Ice or heat therapy – Ice can help reduce swelling, while heat may help relax your muscles.
- Neck braces – A neck brace may be used to keep your neck stable and prevent further injury.
- Physical therapy – Physical therapy can help improve range of motion and strength.
- Pain medication – Pain medication can help reduce inflammation and pain.
When seeking medical attention after a car accident, it is important to tell your doctor about all the symptoms you are experiencing. This will help them determine the best treatment plan for you. If you are not sure whether or not you are injured, it is better to err on the side of caution and see a doctor.
File a Neck Injury Claim After a Car Accident
If you were injured in a car accident that was not your fault, you may be able to file a personal injury claim. This will allow you to recover damages for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. To learn more about filing a personal injury claim, contact an experienced car accident lawyer today.
What The Fran Haasch Law Group Can Do For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we focus on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits, and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
With over 20 years of experience, we draw on constant legal research to help clients recover after being injured in auto accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
Determining the Value of Your Case
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we understand that no amount of financial recovery can undo what you have been through. However, a fair settlement or jury verdict can ease the financial burden of unexpected medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages associated with your accident.
We have obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements in cases involving auto accidents, as well as claims concerning wrongful death and catastrophic injuries.
We Get You Results
- $1.8 million for our client in Pinellas County who was injured in a car accident
- $1.8 million for a 33-year-old female client in Hillsborough County who was lawfully stopped for a left-turning vehicle ahead when she was rear-ended by the defendant vehicle, which was then rear-ended by the vehicle behind it, causing the client to feel two impacts. This resulted in multiple back surgeries and an infection which caused the client to be hospitalized several times.
- $1.6 million for a 25-year-old female passenger on a motorcycle when the defendant cut across the client’s path. The client was thrown over 200 feet from the motorcycle. The accident resulted in a fractured leg, broken finger, back surgery, and many other injuries.
- $1.55 million for a 46-year old male in Pasco County who was stopped at a red light on U.S. Highway 19 in Pasco County and was rear-ended by the defendant at a high rate of speed.
- $1.35 million for a client in Pasco County. The defendant turned left in front of our client, causing the client’s vehicle to flip and resulting in many injuries.
- $1.34 million for a 69-year-old male client in Orange County who was in the left turn lane when the defendant came across his pathway while attempting to turn and collided with the client. The accident resulted in multiple severe injuries, including a fractured pelvis, broken ribs, punctured lung, a broken arm that required surgery, and several lacerations.
- $1.3 million for a 33-year-old female client in Pinellas County who was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light with her three children in the car with her. The accident resulted in multiple surgeries and complications.
- $1.025 for our client injured in a car accident in Hillsborough County.
- $1 million for a client in Hillsborough County rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney Today
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we are committed to fighting for your fair recovery. We strive to help injured individuals and the families of the deceased secure the full, fair recovery they are owed. We offer dedicated legal representation for car accident victims and victims of bicycle, rideshare, and semi-truck accidents.
If you feel you have been the victim of a car accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 637-0100 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.