Many people wonder if they need to see a doctor after an accident, and the answer is yes! If you’ve been in a car accident, you should first seek medical care. You may not feel injured after an accident, but it’s important to get checked out by a professional.
Car accidents are overwhelming, and the injuries you sustain can vary from minor lacerations to traumatic brain injuries that significantly impact your life and finances. At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping victims of car accidents get the money they need to rebuild their lives. We know how to fight for our clients, and we will do everything possible to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review.
Do You Always Need to See a Doctor After a Car Accident?
After a car accident, you should always seek medical treatment, even if you feel fine. Many people don’t realize they’re injured after an accident because the adrenaline rush can mask the pain. A doctor will be able to tell if you’ve sustained any injuries and will be able to provide you with the proper treatment.
Treatment for Car Accident Injuries
If you do sustain injuries in a car accident, there are a variety of treatments available to you. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may need to see a chiropractor, physiotherapist, or massage therapist. If your injuries are more serious, you may need to see a doctor or surgeon. The important thing is to get the treatment you need to heal properly.
Some people may need to see a medical specialist after a car accident. This could be because they have sustained serious injuries or are dealing with pain that traditional treatments haven’t been able to relieve. If you see a doctor for your injuries, they may refer you to a specialist. Depending on your needs, you may see an orthopedic surgeon, neurologist, or another type of specialist.
Urgent Care or Primary Care Doctor
If your injuries are minor, you can probably see your primary care doctor. However, if you’ve sustained more serious injuries, you may need to go to the emergency room or an urgent care center. Your doctor will be able to tell you where to go for treatment.
Statute of Limitations Following An Accident
It’s important to note a statute of limitations following an accident. This means you have a certain amount of time to seek medical attention and file a claim. In Florida, the statute of limitations is four years. This means that you have four years from the date of the accident to seek treatment and file a claim. However, it’s important to seek treatment as soon as possible after an accident. This will ensure that you get the proper treatment and help your case if you decide to file a claim.
Common Car Accident Injuries
There are a variety of common car accident injuries. These include
Delayed Symptoms and Injuries
Sometimes, symptoms of injuries sustained in a car accident can take days or even weeks to appear. This is why it’s so important to see a doctor after an accident. They will be able to assess your injuries and determine how extensive they are.
Should I Contact My Insurance Company After An Accident?
You should always contact your insurance company after an accident. They will be able to help you file a claim and explain the benefits available in your policy.
Who Pays For My Medical Bills?
If you’ve been in a car accident, you may be wondering who will pay for your medical bills. Many car accident injuries sustained are covered by your insurance. Florida drivers are required to carry Personal Injury Protection insurance. This coverage pays for 80% of up to $10,000 of your medical expenses.
Medical Services Covered by Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
If you’ve been in a car accident, it’s important to seek treatment to get the proper care you need. Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance covers a variety of medical services. These include hospitalization, surgery, chiropractic care, physiotherapy, and more.
What Should I Do If My Doctor Doesn’t See Me After a Florida Car Accident?
If your doctor doesn’t see you after an accident, it’s important to seek another opinion. You may need to see a specialist or go to the emergency room. It’s also important to keep track of your medical bills and expenses. This will be helpful if you decide to file a claim.
What Other Damages Can I Recover?
If you have been involved in a car accident, you can also recover damages for:
- Lost Wages – Lost wages are the wages you would have earned if you had not been injured in the accident. They can include your salary, bonuses, commissions, and more. A lawyer can help you calculate your lost wages and get the compensation you deserve.
- Pain and Suffering – Is meant to compensate the victim for the physical and emotional pain and suffering they have endured as a result of the accident.
- Property Damage – If your vehicle was damaged in the accident, you can recover compensation for repairs.
- Wrongful Death Damages – In a wrongful death lawsuit, a spouse can recover damages for funeral and burial expenses and medical expenses.
Should I See A Car Accident Lawyer?
After a car accident, you may be wondering if you should see a lawyer. If you’ve been injured in the accident, you may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you understand your rights and options. They can also help you file a claim and negotiate with the insurance company.
What The Fran Haasch Law Group Can Do For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we focus on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits, and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
With over 21 years of experience, we draw on constant medical research to help clients recover after being injured in auto accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
We Get You the Compensation You Deserve
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we understand that no amount of financial recovery can undo what you have been through. However, a fair settlement or jury verdict can ease the financial burden of unexpected medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages associated with your accident.
We have obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements for personal injury cases involving auto accidents, as well as claims concerning wrongful death and catastrophic injuries.
Here are a few of our car accident case results:
- $1.8 million for our client in Pinellas County who was injured in a car accident
- $1.8 million for a 33-year-old female client in Hillsborough County who was lawfully stopped for a left-turning vehicle ahead when she was rear-ended by the defendant vehicle, which was then rear-ended by the vehicle behind it, causing the client to feel two impacts. This resulted in multiple back surgeries and an infection which caused the client to be hospitalized several times.
- $1.6 million for a 25-year-old female passenger on a motorcycle when the defendant cut across the client’s path. The client was thrown over 200 feet from the motorcycle. The accident resulted in a fractured leg, broken finger, back surgery, and many other injuries.
- $1.55 million for a 46-year old male in Pasco County who was stopped at a red light on U.S. Highway 19 in Pasco County and was rear-ended by the defendant at a high rate of speed.
- $1.35 million for a client in Pasco County. The defendant turned left in front of our client, causing the client’s vehicle to flip and resulting in many injuries.
- $1.34 million for a 69-year-old male client in Orange County who was in the left turn lane when the defendant came across his pathway while attempting to turn and collided with the client. The accident resulted in multiple severe injuries, including a fractured pelvis, broken ribs, punctured lung, a broken arm that required surgery, and several lacerations.
- $1.3 million for a 33-year-old female client in Pinellas County who was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light with her three children in the car with her. The accident resulted in multiple surgeries and complications.
- $1.025 for our client injured in a car accident in Hillsborough County.
- $1.0 million for a client in Hillsborough County rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we are committed to fighting for your fair recovery. We strive to help injured individuals and the loved ones of those wrongfully killed, secure the full, fair recovery they are owed. We offer dedicated legal representation for car accident victims and victims of bicycle, rideshare, and semi-truck accidents.
If you feel you have been the victim of a car accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 784-8191 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.