If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important to contact a car accident attorney as soon as possible. A good car accident lawyer will be able to help you get the compensation that you deserve for your injuries.
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping car accident victims. We know what it takes to win your case and will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review.
Common Causes of Lutz Car Accidents
Lutz car accidents occur for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted Driving – Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of Lutz car accidents. A driver can be distracted by anything from texting to eating and drinking while driving or even talking on a cell phone without using hands-free technology.
- Speeding – Speed limits exist for a reason: to keep drivers and other motorists safe. When a driver chooses to go over the speed limit or drives too fast for conditions, they put everyone else on the road at risk.
- Drunk Driving – Drunk drivers are a danger to everyone on the road, including themselves. According to Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), drunk drivers cause about one-third of all traffic fatalities in the United States every year.
- Reckless Driving – Reckless driving is when a driver operates a vehicle unsafe or careless. This can include tailgating, running red lights, and driving on the wrong side of the road.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
Auto accident victims suffer from various injuries, from non-fatal to more serious injuries. Some common injuries that are sustained in car accidents include:
- Whiplash – Whiplash is a neck injury caused when the head snaps forward and then back again. This often happens in car accidents when the driver or passenger is not wearing a seat belt.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – A brain injury can be very serious and can result in long-term disability or even death. Forceful impacts can cause brain injuries to the head.
- Broken Bones – When an automobile accident occurs, it can cause broken bones in any part of the body. Broken limbs are some of the most common injuries that occur during a car accident.
- Spinal Cord Injury – A spinal cord injury is when there is damage to the spinal cord or nerves at its end. This can result in partial or complete paralysis and other long-term health problems.
- Soft Tissue Damage – Soft tissue damage includes injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments that are caused by overstretching them or tearing them during a car accident.
What Should I Do After a Car Crash in Lutz?
If you are involved in a car accident, there are several things that you should do:
- Call the Police – This is important so that the police can come to the scene of the accident and file a report. This report will be used as evidence later on in your case.
- Get Medical Attention – It is important to get medical attention for your injuries as soon as possible. This will also help to show that you were injured in a car accident.
- Take Photographs – If possible, take photographs of the accident scene and any visible injuries that you may have suffered from it. You should also get photos of all vehicles involved in the crash and their license plates.
- Contact the Auto Accident Attorneys at The Fran Haasch Law Group – It is important to speak with our Lutz personal injury attorneys as soon as possible. They will be able to help you determine who is at fault for the accident and file a claim against them.
Benefits of Working with An Auto Accident Attorney
When you are involved in a car accident, it can be difficult to know what to do next. This is why working with an auto accident attorney is so beneficial. An experienced lawyer will be able to help you navigate the legal system and get you the compensation that you deserve for your injuries. Some of the benefits of working with an auto accident attorney include:
- Knowledge of the Law – A good auto accident lawyer will have years of experience working with auto accident victims. They will know all about the legal system and how to get you a fair settlement for your case.
- Focus on Your Case – When you work with an auto attorney, they will be able to focus solely on your case. This allows them to do everything possible to get you the compensation that you need for lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
- Peace of Mind – When you are involved in a car accident, it can be very stressful. By working with an auto accident lawyer, they will take care of all the legal aspects so that you can focus on healing and getting back to your life.
Liability for Car Accidents in Lutz
When you are involved in a car accident, there is a good chance that the other driver will be at fault. However, in some motor vehicle accident cases, determining liability for the accident can be tricky, especially if multiple drivers are involved.
There are times when automobile manufacturers can be held liable for injuries that occur during a car accident. This is usually done when there is an issue with the vehicle’s design or manufacturing process. However, in some cases, the accident was not caused by a driver at all.
Your Employer or the Other Driver’s Employer
If you were involved in an auto accident while on the job, your employer may be held liable for your injuries. This is often done when the company does not provide a safe work environment, or the driver acts negligently while on the job.
In some cases, another party may be responsible for the car accident. This could be another driver, a company responsible for the roadway, or even a government agency.
When a road department is at fault, it may be held responsible for the car accident. This can happen if there is an issue with the roadway, such as potholes or debris on the road that caused you to get into an accident.
How To Determine Liability
To determine liability, your auto accident lawyer will look at several factors, including:
The Speed of the Cars – The faster the speed of the cars involved in the accident, the more likely that one of them will be at fault for it.
The Weather Conditions – Inclement weather conditions such as rain or snow can make a road slippery and cause accidents to occur. If this was the case with your car accident, then you may not have been held liable for it.
The Road Conditions – Poor road conditions such as potholes or debris can make it difficult to operate your vehicle safely. This can lead to accidents and may mean that the other driver was at fault for your injuries.
How Much Compensation Can You Win from a Car Accident?
The amount of compensation you can expect to receive for your injuries depends on several factors, including:
The Severity of The Injury
If you were seriously injured in a car accident, then you may be able to recover a significant amount of money for your damages. This includes things like medical bills and lost wages.
Type of Injury
There are a variety of injuries that can occur in a car accident. Some, like whiplash, may not be as severe but still require treatment. Others, like broken bones, can require surgery and long-term rehabilitation.
Length of Time the Injury Will Last
If you have an injury that is going to require long-term or permanent treatment, you may be able to recover more compensation than if it will heal on its own.
Types of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
There are several types of damages that you can recover in a car accident claim. These include economic and non-economic damages.
- Medical Bills – If you were injured in a car accident and required treatment, then the at-fault driver or their insurance company will be responsible for paying your medical expenses.
- Lost Wages – If the injuries from the car accident caused you to miss work, then you may be able to recover compensation for your lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering – If the car accident left you with permanent injuries or pain that will never go away, then this is considered “pain and suffering.” You can seek compensation for these damages from the at-fault driver or their insurance company.
Factors That Affect an Auto Accident Claim
There are several factors that can affect the outcome of your car accident case. Some of these include:
- The Statute of Limitations – This is the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit after an accident occurs. In Florida, the statute of limitations is four years. If you do not file within this timeframe, you will likely lose your right to recover compensation for your injuries.
- The Amount of Insurance Coverage – If the at-fault driver does not have enough insurance to cover your damages, you may need to file a claim against your own insurance company. This can be difficult and may result in higher premiums.
- The Severity of the Injury – This can affect the amount of damages you can recover and how long the claim process takes.
- The Cost of the Treatment – This can affect how long it takes for you to recover from your injuries and how much compensation you are able to receive.
How Do I File a Car Accident Claim in Florida?
Filing an accident claim against the driver who caused your crash may seem like a daunting task. However, you do not have to navigate the process on your own. An experienced Lutz car accident lawyer can help you file an insurance claim and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact a Lutz car accident lawyer today for a free case review.
What The Fran Haasch Law Group Will Do For You
When you work with one of our Lutz personal injury attorneys, they will:
- Listen to your story, understand what happened and determine if there was any negligence involved in the accident.
- Investigate the accident by looking at things like photos, videos, and witness statements from the crash scene.
- Obtain a copy of your medical records to determine how much treatment you will need in order to recover from your injuries.
- Negotiate with insurance companies on behalf of our clients so they can get fair compensation for their injuries and damages.
- Represent clients at trial if they decide to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver or their insurance company.
Contact The Car Accident Lawyers at The Fran Haasch Law Group Today
Contact The Fran Haasch Law Group today for a free case evaluation if you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident and wishes to file a personal injury claim. We are familiar with Florida law and have extensive experience helping car crash victims get the fair compensation they deserve. Our car accident attorneys can help you get the damages you are entitled to for your injuries and other losses.