A car accident knee injury can range from mild to severe and can take a long time to heal, leading to long-term medical treatment and costly medical bills.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, contact a car accident lawyer. An experienced lawyer can help you understand your rights and options, guide you through the legal process, and represent you in negotiations or court proceedings. In addition, they will work to get you a fair settlement for your injuries and other losses.
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping car accident victims get the money they need to rebuild their lives. We know how to fight for our clients, and we will do everything possible to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review.
Common Knee Injuries
If you have suffered a knee injury due to a car accident, it is important to seek medical treatment right away. Some common knee injuries you could suffer from after an auto accident include:
A meniscus tear is one of the most common types of knee injuries that can occur due to an auto accident. The meniscus is a crescent-shaped piece of cartilage that sits between the bones in your knee joint.
Torn ligaments are another common knee injury that can occur due to a car accident. A torn ligament is a tear in one or more of the four ligaments that attach your shinbone to your thighbone. Ligament injuries include:
Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL)
A PCL injury, often called “dashboard knee,” is a relatively rare but severe knee injury that can occur due to a car accident. A PCL injury occurs when the ligament that runs along the back of your knee tears or snaps.
Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL)
The ACL is one of the four ligaments that attach your shinbone to your thighbone. An ACL injury occurs when the ligaments stretch, causing a tear that leads to pain, swelling, and instability in the affected knee.
Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL)
The MCL is a ligament that runs along the inside of your knee joint. The MCL tears if an injury stretches it too much.
Other Common Knee Injuries
- Dislocated Patella – A dislocated patella occurs when your kneecap pops out of its normal position and moves to a different location.
- Tendon Rupture – A tendon rupture is when one or more of the tendons that attach your muscles to your bones snaps or tears.
- Knee Fracture – A knee fracture is a break in one or more bones that make up your knee joint.
Common Knee Injury Symptoms
Common symptoms of an injured knee include:
- Difficulty bearing weight on the affected leg
Knee Injury Treatments Following a Car Accident
If you have suffered a knee injury due to a car accident, it is important to seek medical attention right away. Treatment for a mild knee injury may include rest, ice, compression, elevation, or physical therapy, while treatment for severe knee injuries may require surgery.
Long-Term Complications of Knee Injuries
While most knee injuries will heal with time and proper treatment, some knee injuries can lead to long-term complications. These complications may include arthritis, chronic pain, and decreased range of motion.
Filing a Personal Injury Claim for a Knee Injury After a Car Accident
If you have been in a car accident and have suffered a knee injury, you may be able to file a personal injury claim. A personal injury claim can help you receive compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
It is important to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer to determine if you can file a claim. A personal injury lawyer can help gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
What the Fran Haasch Law Group Auto Accident Attorneys Can Do For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we focus on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits, and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
With over 20+ years of experience, we draw on constant legal and medical research to help clients recover after being injured in auto accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
We Will Get You the Compensation You Deserve
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we understand that no amount of financial recovery can undo what you have been through. However, a fair settlement or jury verdict can ease the financial burden of unexpected medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages associated with your accident.
We have obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements in cases involving car accidents, as well as claims concerning wrongful death and catastrophic injuries. Here are a few of our case results:
- $1.8 million for our client in Pinellas County who was injured in a car accident.
- $1.8 million for a 33-year-old female client in Hillsborough County who was lawfully stopped for a left-turning vehicle ahead when she was rear-ended by the defendant vehicle, which was then rear-ended by the vehicle behind it, causing the client to feel two impacts. This resulted in multiple back surgeries and an infection which caused the client to be hospitalized several times.
- $1.6 million for a 25-year-old female passenger on a motorcycle when the defendant cut across the client’s path. The client was thrown over 200 feet from the motorcycle. The accident resulted in a fractured leg, broken finger, back surgery, and many other injuries.
- $1.55 million for a 46-year old male in Pasco County who was stopped at a red light on U.S. Highway 19 in Pasco County and was rear-ended by the defendant at a high rate of speed.
- $1.35 million for a client in Pasco County. The defendant turned left in front of our client, causing the client’s vehicle to flip and resulting in many injuries.
- $1.34 million for a 69-year-old male client in Orange County who was in the left turn lane when the defendant came across his pathway while attempting to turn and collided with the client. The accident resulted in multiple severe injuries, including a fractured pelvis, broken ribs, punctured lung, a broken arm that required surgery, and several lacerations.
- $1.3 million for a 33-year-old female client in Pinellas County who was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light with her three children in the car with her. The accident resulted in multiple surgeries and complications.
- $1.025 million for our client injured in a car accident in Hillsborough County.
- $1 million for a client in Hillsborough County rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney Today
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we are committed to fighting for your fair recovery. We strive to help injured individuals and the loved ones of those wrongfully killed, secure the full, fair recovery they are owed. We offer dedicated legal representation for car accident victims and victims of bicycle, rideshare, and semi-truck accidents.
If you feel you have been the victim of a car accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 637-0100 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.