Car accidents are traumatizing for everyone involved, and many passengers are not aware of their legal options. If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, it is important to seek an experienced car accident attorney who can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that you are fairly compensated for your injuries. At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we will help you file a claim and work to secure the full compensation you are owed.
What to Do Immediately After a Car Accident as an Injured Passenger.
The first thing you should do is seek medical attention. Even if your injuries seem minor, it is important to get checked out by a medical professional as soon as possible. Once a doctor has seen you, you should contact a lawyer to discuss your case. An experienced auto accident lawyer will be able to guide you through the process of filing a claim and help you get the compensation you deserve.
What Are My Rights as a Passenger in a Car Accident?
As a passenger in a car accident, you have the same rights as the vehicle driver to seek compensation for your injuries. You may be able to file an insurance claim against your own insurance company.
However, if the car driver is not at fault, you may make a claim against the other driver’s insurance policy. In some cases, you can file a personal injury claim. If you are unsure of what to do after a car accident, contact a car accident lawyer to discuss your options.
Personal Injury Protection Insurance (PIP)
Florida is a no-fault insurance state. A driver’s insurance company will pay for their medical bills and any other damages regardless of who is at fault for the accident. In most car insurance policies, passengers are covered by PIP. PIP covers up to $10,000 of medical expenses.
The Other Driver’s Insurance Policy
If the other driver is at fault, their car insurance policy may cover you and pay for your medical bills and any other damages. The coverage you have will depend on the other driver’s policy.
Personal Injury Lawsuit
A personal injury lawsuit is a civil suit filed by an injured person against the person or entity responsible for their injuries. If you have been involved in a car accident, you may be able to file a personal injury suit against the liable party.
Your Health Insurance Company
If you have health insurance, you should be able to use it to pay for medical costs. However, you may have to exhaust your auto benefits first. Health insurance plans vary on what they cover, so check with your insurer first.
What If My Spouse or Relative Drove the Car?
If your spouse or relative was driving the car, it is important to check if you are under the same policy. Most Florida car insurance policies prohibit filing a claim against a relative. However, if the relative is at fault for the accident, you may be able to file a liability claim against them just like any other driver.
What The Fran Haasch Law Group Can Do For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we focus on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits, and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
With over 20 years of experience, we draw on constant medical research to help clients recover after being injured in motor vehicle accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
We Get You the Compensation You Deserve
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, our personal injury attorneys understand that no amount of financial recovery can undo what you have been through. However, a fair settlement or jury verdict can ease the financial burden of unexpected medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages associated with your accident.
We have obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements in personal injury cases involving auto accidents and claims concerning wrongful death and catastrophic injuries.
Here are a few of our car accident case results:
- $1.8 million for our client in Pinellas County who was injured in an auto accident
- $1.8 million for a 33-year-old female client in Hillsborough County who was lawfully stopped for a left-turning vehicle ahead when she was rear-ended by the defendant vehicle, which was then rear-ended by the vehicle behind it, causing the client to feel two impacts. This resulted in multiple back surgeries and an infection which caused the client to be hospitalized several times.
- $1.6 million for a 25-year-old female passenger on a motorcycle when the defendant cut across the client’s path. The client was thrown over 200 feet from the motorcycle. The accident resulted in a fractured leg, broken finger, back surgery, and many other injuries.
- $1.55 million for a 46-year old male in Pasco County who was stopped at a red light on U.S. Highway 19 in Pasco County and was rear-ended by the defendant at a high rate of speed.
- $1.35 million for a client in Pasco County. The defendant turned left in front of our client, causing the client’s vehicle to flip and resulting in many injuries.
- $1.34 million for a 69-year-old male client in Orange County who was in the left turn lane when the defendant came across his pathway while attempting to turn and collided with the client. The accident resulted in multiple severe injuries, including a fractured pelvis, broken ribs, punctured lung, a broken arm that required surgery, and several lacerations.
- $1.3 million for a 33-year-old female client in Pinellas County who was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light with her three children in the car with her. The accident resulted in multiple surgeries and complications.
- $1.025 for our client injured in a car accident in Hillsborough County.
- $1.0 million for a client in Hillsborough County rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney Today
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we are committed to fighting for your fair recovery. We strive to help injured individuals and the loved ones of those wrongfully killed, secure the full, fair recovery they are owed. We offer dedicated legal representation for car accident victims and bicycle, rideshare, and semi-truck accidents victims.
If you feel you have been the victim of a serious car crash through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 784-8191 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.