Although Palm Harbor is a relatively small census-designated place and unincorporated community, it exists in Pinellas County, which has over 950,000 residents. With a population that size, the roads are always busy. And, with so many cars on the road, pedestrian accidents are bound to happen.
When they do, you need an experienced Palm Harbor pedestrian accident lawyer on your side. The lawyers at The Fran Haasch Law Group have over 21 years of experience representing clients who have been injured in a Palm Harbor car accident as a pedestrian. We know what it takes to get you the compensation you deserve.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a pedestrian accident, call our personal injury attorneys today for a free case evaluation. We will review your case and help you understand your legal options.
What To Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Palm Harbor
There were over 9,000 pedestrian accidents and 400,000 car accidents in Florida in 2021. Pinellas County accounted for almost 500 of them. And, of those 500 accidents, Palm Harbor had its share. If you were involved in a pedestrian accident in Palm Harbor, here are some things you should do:
- Get medical attention – Even if you don’t think you’re injured, it’s important to see a doctor. Some injuries, like traumatic brain injuries, may not be immediately apparent.
- Call the police – Officers will complete an accident report and document the area.
- Gather evidence – If you’re able, take pictures of the scene of the accident, your injuries, and the other driver’s license plate. You should also get the contact information of any witnesses.
- Call a lawyer – An experienced pedestrian accident lawyer will help you navigate the legal system and negotiate with insurance companies.
What an Experienced Attorney Can Do For You
You may be tempted to handle the case independently if you’ve been involved in a pedestrian accident. But, there are many reasons why you should call an experienced attorney:
- You need someone on your side who knows the law – The laws governing pedestrian accidents can be complex. An experienced attorney will know how to navigate the legal system and get you the compensation you deserve.
- You need someone on your side who knows how to negotiate with insurance companies – Insurance companies are in the business of making money, not paying out claims. An experienced attorney will know how to deal with the insurance company and get you the maximum amount of compensation possible.
- You need someone on your side who will fight for you – The attorneys at our law firm are known for our aggressive advocacy on behalf of our clients. We know what it takes to get you the maximum compensation possible.
What To Expect From Your Lawyers at the Fran Haasch Law Group
If you’ve been involved in a pedestrian accident, the last thing you want to worry about is how you will pay for a lawyer. That’s why the lawyers at The Fran Haasch Law Group work on a contingency fee basis. That means we don’t get paid unless and until you do. We will:
Investigate Your Claim and Gather Evidence
The first step in any pedestrian accident claim is to investigate the accident and gather evidence. We will review police reports, medical records, and eyewitness accounts. We will also take pictures of the accident scene and your injuries. This evidence will be critical in building your case.
Estimate the Financial Impact of Your Losses
We will estimate the financial impact of your losses. This includes your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We will use this information to determine the value of your case.
Negotiate With The Insurance Company
Once we have gathered evidence and your doctors have had a chance to fully evaluate your injuries and render/recommend treatment, we will send a demand letter to the insurance company. The demand letter will establish your legal claim and the evidence we have gathered.
A settlement offer could come in at any point during the process. If the offer is fair, we will advise you to accept it. If the offer is low, we will negotiate with the insurance company to get you a better offer. If we cannot reach an agreement, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Fight For You In Court
If we cannot settle with the insurance company, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf and take your case to court. We have tried cases all over Florida and are prepared to fight for you.
Compensation Available in Palm Harbor Pedestrian Accident Cases
The amount of compensation available in a pedestrian accident case will depend on the facts and circumstances of the case. Some of the factors that will be considered include:
- The severity of your injuries
- The extent of your financial losses
- The impact the accident has had on your life
Damages you might be eligible for include:
You may be able to recover your past and future medical costs. This would include doctor’s visits, hospital stays, surgeries, and rehabilitative care if you suffered serious injuries.
You may be entitled to recover your lost wages if you have been injured in a pedestrian accident. This includes the wages you have already lost and the wages you will lose in the future.
Pain and Suffering
You may be able to recover damages for your pain and suffering. This includes the physical and emotional anguish you have experienced due to the accident.
If a loved one has been killed in a pedestrian accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim. This type of claim allows certain family members to recover damages for their losses. These may include:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship or support.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim?
Personal injury law in Florida imposes a strict deadline, known as a statute of limitations, for filing a personal injury claim. In most cases, you must file your claim four years from the accident date. You could be barred from recovery if you do not file your claim within this time frame. In wrongful death cases, the statute of limitations is only two years.
Contact a Palm Harbor Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today for a Free Case Evaluation
We can never imagine being involved in an accident when we leave the house. However, an accident can happen to anyone at any time. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll these accidents can take on victims and their families. The Fran Haasch Law Group has helped many people who have been injured in pedestrian accidents. Call us today for a free case evaluation. We will review your case and explain your legal options.