CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY BRANDON, FL
If you have been in a car accident, you may feel a range of emotions from shock and confusion to fear and anxiety. You may also be dealing with physical injuries and financial issues. It can be helpful to get help from a Brandon car accident attorney.
An experienced car accident attorney can help you understand your rights and options, guide you through the legal process, and represent you in negotiations or court proceedings. In addition, they will work to get you a fair settlement for your injuries and other losses.
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping car accident victims get the money they need to rebuild their lives. We know how to fight for our clients and will do everything possible to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT IN BRANDON FL
If you’re involved in an car accident, it’s essential to take the following steps:
- Stop your vehicle and pull over, if possible.
- Check on any passengers or other drivers who may be injured.
- Call 911 if anyone is seriously injured or killed in the crash.
- Exchange information with all drivers involved in the crash, including names and contact info for each driver and their insurance information.
- Do not admit fault or apologize for the accident.
- Speak to a car accident attorney at The Fran Haasch Law Group. Wait until you have spoken to one of our Brandon car accident lawyers before making any statements to the insurer.
- Document everything related to the accident, including photos of the vehicles and injuries, witness statements, and police reports.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT?
After a car accident, you may be wondering what your rights are. The best way to find out is to speak to our Brandon car accident attorneys. However, some of the most common rights that injured drivers have after a car accident include the following:
- The right to file a car accident claim against the other driver’s insurance company
- The right to receive compensation for your injuries
- The right to have your medical expenses paid by the other driver’s insurer
- The right to be compensated for any lost wages or income
- The right to receive damages for pain and suffering, mental anguish, and emotional distress
Remember that these are just a few of the injured victims’ rights after a car accident. Contact The Fran Haasch Law Group today to speak with a car accident attorney in Brandon, FL.
WHY SHOULD I FILE A CAR ACCIDENT CLAIM?
- You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- The other driver was at fault, and you may be able to hold them liable.
- Your insurance company may cover some or all of your damages.
- Filing a claim can help you get the money you need to pay for medical bills, car repairs, and other expenses related to the accident.
If you’re still unsure whether to file a claim for your car accident, contact the Brandon car accident attorneys at The Fran Haasch Law Group.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Every car accident is unique. Many factors can affect the outcome of your claim, including:
- The cause and circumstances surrounding the crash
- Your injuries and losses
- The extent of property damage to both vehicles
- Whether either driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the crash
- Whether one or more drivers were distracted
- The driver’s actions before and during the crash
- Whether either driver was speeding or otherwise driving recklessly
- The availability of evidence such as photos, surveillance footage, or witnesses’ statements.
How Much Is My Brandon Car Accident Case Worth?
The value of a car accident claim can vary significantly based on several factors, including:
- Whether or not the other driver was insured
- The severity of your injuries
- How long you will be out of work due to your injuries
- The amount of medical bills and other expenses related to your injury
- Whether or not you have an attorney
If you are unsure about the value of your case, speak with our Brandon car accident lawyers as soon as possible. An attorney will be able to give you a more detailed idea of how much your case is worth and whether or not it is worth taking legal action against the other driver’s insurance company.
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
Damages awarded in car accident claims are separated into non-economic, economic, and punitive damages.
- Non-economic damages such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, and emotional distress are not easily quantified.
- Economic damages can be quantified, including medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage.
- Punitive damages are awarded as a punishment to the defendant. They are not meant to compensate the plaintiff for any losses.
WHAT DOES FLORIDA’S NO-FAULT INSURANCE MEAN FOR ME AFTER A CAR CRASH?
Florida is a no-fault state, which means that each driver’s insurance company will pay for their own damages regardless of who was at fault in the accident. This can be confusing and frustrating after a motor vehicle accident since it can be challenging to determine who is responsible for what expenses.
Personal Injury Protection Insurance in Florida
Florida requires all drivers to carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. This type of coverage is no-fault insurance that covers medical expenses and lost wages. This insurance will cover you and your passengers, regardless of who was at fault in the accident.
You should review your policy to make sure you are fully covered in the event of a car accident. If you don’t have PIP insurance or your policy doesn’t cover all of your expenses, you may need to speak with a car accident law firm about filing a lawsuit.
What is Florida’s Serious Injury Threshold?
You must meet Florida’s serious injury threshold to file a lawsuit against the driver who caused your car accident. This means you must have suffered permanent, significant injuries that would not have been sustained in a typical fall or impact.
Suppose your motorcar accident meets the threshold described below. In that case, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver. In this case, you could be entitled to compensation for lost earnings due to missed work, medical expenses, and pain and suffering not covered by insurance.
Examples of serious injuries that may meet this threshold include:
- Bone fractures
- Loss of a limb or eye
- Serious disfigurement
- Permanent scarring
- Brain or spinal cord damage
Suppose you have been injured in a car accident and don’t meet the threshold for a lawsuit. In that case, you may still be able to file a claim against the driver’s insurance company. However, these claims are often more challenging to win. They may not provide you with the same level of compensation as a lawsuit.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO FILE A LAWSUIT AFTER A CAR WRECK?
There is no one answer to this question since all car accident cases for motor vehicle accidents are unique. However, the average car accident lawsuit takes about two years to resolve.
If you file a lawsuit after being injured in a car accident, there is no guarantee that you will win your case or receive any monetary damages. The process can be long and complex, but our car accident attorneys will fight for you every step of the way.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF MY LOVED ONE HAS BEEN KILLED IN A CAR ACCIDENT?
If your loved one has been killed in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit. In this case, you and the other family members of the deceased person can file suit against the driver responsible for their death.
You may recover compensation for medical expenses, funeral costs, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and loss of consortium. Seek legal representation from our experienced lawyers at The Fran Haasch Law Group to discuss your case and learn more about your rights.
CAUSES OF CAR ACCIDENTS IN BRANDON
Many factors can contribute to car accidents in Brandon and throughout the state of Florida. Some of the most common causes of car crashes include:
- Distracted driving, such as texting while driving
- Driver exhaustion or falling asleep at the wheel
- Driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs
- Reckless driving
- Road rage
- Weather conditions
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Making a left turn in front of oncoming traffic
- Inattentive driving
- Bicycles and pedestrians sharing the road with cars
The best way to avoid being involved in a car accident is to be aware of these common causes and take steps to prevent them. However, even the most careful drivers can’t always prevent accidents from happening.
Contact The Fran Haasch Law Group for a free case review if you’ve been injured in a car accident. We will work to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
What Happens If You Are At Fault In A Car Accident In Florida?
Suppose you are at fault in a car accident. In that case, your insurance company will be responsible for paying the damages to any other drivers or passengers injured in the crash. If you live in Florida and do not have car insurance, you could face fines of up to $500 per vehicle and suspension of your license plates and driver’s license.
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON BRANDON CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES?
Car accident injuries can vary significantly based on the severity of the crash. However, some of the most common car accident injuries include the following:
- Back and neck injuries
- Head injuries
- Nerve damage
- Chest and rib injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Fractured bones
Any of these injuries can significantly impact your life, so seek medical attention as soon as possible if you are injured in a car accident. Brandon car accident lawyers can help you file a car accident claim against the other driver’s insurance company and will work to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
How Do I Recover From An Injury In Brandon, Florida?
If you have been injured in a car accident, seeking medical attention as soon as possible is important. Even if you don’t think you are seriously injured, you should get looked at by a doctor to ensure there are no underlying issues.
Many injuries from car accidents, such as whiplash, may not show symptoms until days or weeks after the accident. Suppose you do not get medical attention within 14 days of your car accident. In that case, you will likely be unable to receive compensation from the other driver’s insurer for those injuries.
CONTACT THE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS AT THE FRAN HAASCH LAW GROUP TODAY
If you are seeking high-quality legal representation, contact The Fran Haasch Law Group today for a free case evaluation if you are a car accident victim. Our legal professionals have extensive experience helping car accident victims get the fair compensation they deserve. Our car accident attorneys can help you get the damages you are entitled to for your injuries and other losses.