A car accident can be a traumatic experience that leaves you feeling sore and in pain. Soreness can be caused by various injuries, such as whiplash, muscle strains, and even emotional stress. Unfortunately, many people do not realize that soreness can signify serious injuries. Therefore, it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible after the accident so that you can start treatment and begin the road to recovery.
If you or someone you know is experiencing soreness following a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, it is important to know that you have legal options. At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping victims of car accidents. Our attorneys help victims achieve a higher average car accident settlement to rebuild their lives. We know how to fight for our clients, and we will do everything possible to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review.
How Long Will I Be Sore After a Car Accident?
The length of time you’ll be sore after a car accident depends on the severity of your injuries. If you’ve sustained significant injuries, such as a spinal cord injury, you may be sore for up to six weeks, months, or even years. However, if you’ve only sustained minor injuries, such as whiplash, you may only be sore for a few days or weeks.
What Car Accident Injuries Cause Soreness?
Whiplash occurs when your head is suddenly jerked forward or backward, causing the ligaments and muscles in your neck to stretch beyond their normal range of motion.
Whiplash symptoms usually appear within 24 hours of the car accident and last for several weeks. However, some people may have chronic pain that lasts for months or even years.
Muscle soreness is a common symptom of many different injuries. It can be caused by overuse, repetitive motions, or direct trauma to the muscle and can signify more serious injuries, such as fractures and dislocations.
Joint injuries are another common type of injury that can occur after a car accident. Joints are where two bones come together, such as the knee, hip, or shoulder. Joint injuries can be caused by direct trauma to the joint or stretching or twisting the joint beyond its normal range of motion.
Headache pain is another common symptom of car accident injuries. Headaches can be caused by whiplash, concussions, or other head injuries.
The duration of headache pain depends on the severity of the injury. For minor injuries, headaches may last for a few days to a week. More serious injuries can cause headaches that last for weeks or even months.
Spinal Cord Injury
The spinal cord is a bundle of nerves that runs from the brain down the spine. A spinal cord injury can be caused by direct trauma to the spine, stretching or twisting, or compression of the spine. Spinal cord injuries can have lifelong consequences. The duration of a spinal cord injury depends on the severity of the injury. A person may never recover from a spinal cord injury in some cases.
Soft Tissue Injury
Soft tissues include the muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Soft tissue injuries can be caused by direct trauma, overuse, or repetitive motions.
The duration of soft tissue injuries depends on the severity of the injury. For minor injuries, soreness may last a few days to a week. More serious injuries can cause chronic pain that lasts for months or even years.
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
A traumatic brain injury can be caused by direct trauma to the head, concussions, or other head injuries. A traumatic brain injury is a severe injury that can have lifelong consequences. The duration of a traumatic brain injury depends on the severity of the injury. In some cases, a person may never recover from a traumatic brain injury.
What Are the Treatment Options for Car Accident Injuries?
The best way to treat car accident injuries and get pain relief is to seek medical treatment as soon as possible after the accident. Early diagnosis and treatment can help reduce the severity of the injuries and the duration of pain. Treatment options for car accident injuries include rest, ice, heat, physical therapy, chiropractic care, and surgery.
Can I Recover Damage for Medical Expenses?
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you may be able to recover damages for your medical expenses when you file a car accident claim. This includes the cost of doctor’s visits, hospital stays, surgeries, physical therapy, and more. You may also be able to recover lost wages if you missed work due to your injuries.
To learn more about what types of damages you may be able to recover, contact an experienced car accident attorney today.
What The Fran Haasch Law Group Can Do For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we focus on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
With over 21 years of experience, we draw on constant medical research to help clients recover after being injured in auto accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
We Get You the Compensation You Deserve
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we understand that no amount of financial recovery can undo what you have been through. However, a fair settlement or jury verdict can ease the financial burden of unexpected medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages associated with your accident.
- $1.8 million for our client in Pinellas County who was injured in a car accident
- $1.8 million for a 33-year-old female client in Hillsborough County who was lawfully stopped for a left-turning vehicle ahead when she was rear-ended by the defendant vehicle, which was then rear-ended by the vehicle behind it, causing the client to feel two impacts. This resulted in multiple back surgeries and an infection which caused the client to be hospitalized several times.
- $1.6 million for a 25-year-old female passenger on a motorcycle when the defendant cut across the client’s path. The client was thrown over 200 feet from the motorcycle. The accident resulted in a fractured leg, broken finger, back surgery, and many other injuries.
- $1.55 million for a 46-year old male in Pasco County who was stopped at a red light on U.S. Highway 19 in Pasco County and was rear-ended by the defendant at a high rate of speed.
- $1.35 million for a client in Pasco County. The defendant turned left in front of our client, causing the client’s vehicle to flip and resulting in many injuries.
- $1.34 million for a 69-year-old male client in Orange County who was in the left turn lane when the defendant came across his pathway while attempting to turn and collided with the client. The accident resulted in multiple severe injuries, including a fractured pelvis, broken ribs, punctured lung, a broken arm that required surgery, and several lacerations.
- $1.3 million for a 33-year-old female client in Pinellas County who was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light with her three children in the car with her. The accident resulted in multiple surgeries and complications.
- $1.025 for our client injured in a car accident in Hillsborough County.
- $1.0 million for a client in Hillsborough County rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate.
Contact an Experienced Florida Car Accident Lawyer Today to File a Personal Injury Claim
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we are committed to fighting for your fair recovery. We strive to help injured individuals and the loved ones of those wrongfully killed, secure the full, fair recovery they are owed. We offer dedicated legal representation for car accident victims and victims of bicycle, rideshare, and semi-truck accidents.
If you feel you have been the victim of a car accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 637-0100 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.