If you or someone you love has suffered a head injury in a car crash due to someone else’s negligence, contact an experienced car accident lawyer today. A head injury can be very serious and lead to severe health complications and long-term medical expenses.
An experienced lawyer can help you understand your rights and options, guide you through the legal process, and represent you in negotiations or court proceedings. In addition, they will work to get you a fair settlement for your injuries and other losses.
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping car accident victims get the money they need to rebuild their lives. We know how to fight for our clients, and we will do everything possible to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review.
What Head Injuries Can You Get From a Car Crash?
There are many different head injuries that you can suffer in a car accident. Some of the more common ones include:
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Traumatic brain injuries occur when the head and brain are subjected to a sudden force or motion. This can include car accidents, falls, sports injuries, and more.
TBIs can range in severity from mild to life-threatening and can cause permanent damage to the brain if not treated properly.
Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Mild traumatic brain injuries, also known as concussions, are the most common type of TBI caused by car accidents.
Some common concussion symptoms include:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sleep problems
- Memory or concentration problems
- Mood changes
- Sensitivity to light or sound
Severe Traumatic Brain Injury (STBI)
These injuries typically occur when a foreign object pierces the skull and brain tissue and can lead to coma or death if not treated immediately. Symptoms of a significant brain injury may include:
- Loss of consciousness for more than 30 minutes
- Severe headache that does not go away
- Repeated vomiting or nausea
- Convulsions or seizures
- Dilated pupils
- Clear fluid draining from the nose or ears
- Inability to awaken from sleep
A skull fracture is a break in one of the bones of the skull. The most common type of skull fracture is a linear fracture, a break that goes straight across the bone.
Symptoms of a skull fracture may include:
- Bleeding from the nose or ears
- Clear fluid draining from the nose or ears
- Bruising around the eyes or ears
- Numbness in the fingers or toes
A brain hemorrhage is when there is bleeding inside the skull. This bleeding can put pressure on the brain and cause serious health complications, including death.
Symptoms of a brain hemorrhage may include:
- Sudden headache
- Weakness or paralysis on one side of the body
- Slurred speech
- Inability to speak
- Vision problems
- Loss of consciousness
If you or someone you know is experiencing these symptoms, seek medical attention immediately. If left untreated, these injuries can be life-threatening and cause long-term complications.
How Can I Tell If My Head Injury is Severe or Mild?
It is important to seek medical attention if you have suffered any traumatic injury to the head, even if you think it may be mild. Only a doctor can properly diagnose a head injury and determine the severity.
How Is a Diagnosis Made?
A diagnosis of a head injury can be made through a physical examination and by using imaging tests such as X-rays, CT scans, or MRI scans. These tests can help determine the extent of the injury and whether there is any bleeding or damage to the brain.
What Are the Treatment Options for Head Injuries?
The treatment for a head injury will depend on the severity of the damage. Mild head injuries can be treated at home with rest and over-the-counter pain medication. However, more severe head injuries require hospitalization and may require surgery.
What Are the Long-Term Effects of a Head Injury?
The long-term effects of a head injury can vary depending on the severity of the injury. Some people may experience only minor problems, while others suffer from more serious complications. Long-term effects of a head injury can include:
Any time a head injury occurs, it is important to be aware of the possibility of altered consciousness. Altered consciousness can refer to several different conditions, including:
- Loss of consciousness
- Vegetative state
- Minimal conscious state
- Brain death
Many physical complications can occur as a result of a brain injury. These complications can include:
- Bleeding inside the skull
- Skull fracture
- Brain hemorrhage
- Hematoma (collection of blood)
- Epidural hematoma (bleeding between the skull and the brain)
- Subdural hematoma (bleeding between the brain and the lining around it)
Degenerative Brain Diseases
People who have suffered a head injury are at an increased risk of developing degenerative brain diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease or Parkinson’s disease. These diseases can cause serious health problems and may lead to death.
It is important to be aware of the long-term effects of a head injury and seek medical attention if you experience any problems. Only a doctor can diagnose a brain disease and recommend the appropriate treatment.
Can I Sue for a Car Accident Head Injury?
What The Fran Haasch Law Group Can Do For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we focus on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits, and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
With over 20+ years of experience, we draw on constant legal research to help clients recover after being injured in auto accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
Damages You Can Recover in a Car Accident Claim
- Medical Expenses – This includes past and future medical expenses related to the head injury.
- Lost Wages – If you cannot work because of a head injury, you can recover your lost earnings.
- Pain and Suffering – You can also recover damages for the pain and suffering you have endured due to the head injury.
- Property Damage – You can also recover any damages to your car.
It is important to speak with a personal injury lawyer to determine if you are eligible to file a lawsuit and what damages you may be able to recover.
Determining the Value of Your Case
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we understand that no amount of financial recovery can undo what you have been through. However, a fair settlement or jury verdict can ease the financial burden of unexpected medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages associated with your accident.
We have obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements in cases involving auto accidents, as well as claims concerning wrongful death and catastrophic injuries. Here are a few of our car accident case results:
- $1.8 million for our client in Pinellas County who was injured in a car accident.
- $1.8 million for a 33-year-old female client in Hillsborough County who was lawfully stopped for a left-turning vehicle ahead when she was rear-ended by the defendant vehicle, which was then rear-ended by the vehicle behind it, causing the client to feel two impacts. This resulted in multiple back surgeries and an infection which caused the client to be hospitalized several times.
- $1.6 million for a 25-year-old female passenger on a motorcycle when the defendant cut across the client’s path. The client was thrown over 200 feet from the motorcycle. The accident resulted in a fractured leg, broken finger, back surgery, and many other injuries.
- $1.55 million for a 46-year old male in Pasco County who was stopped at a red light on U.S. Highway 19 in Pasco County and was rear-ended by the defendant at a high rate of speed.
- $1.35 million for a client in Pasco County. The defendant turned left in front of our client, causing the client’s vehicle to flip and resulting in many injuries.
- $1.34 million for a 69-year-old male client in Orange County who was in the left turn lane when the defendant came across his pathway while attempting to turn and collided with the client. The accident resulted in multiple severe injuries, including a fractured pelvis, broken ribs, punctured lung, a broken arm that required surgery, and several lacerations.
- $1.3 million for a 33-year-old female client in Pinellas County who was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light with her three children in the car with her. The accident resulted in multiple surgeries and complications.
- $1.025 million for our client injured in a car accident in Hillsborough County.
- $1 million for a client in Hillsborough County rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney Today
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we are committed to fighting for your fair recovery. We strive to help injured individuals and the families of the deceased receive the fair recovery they are owed. We offer dedicated legal representation for car accident victims and victims of bicycle, rideshare, and semi-truck accidents.
If you feel you have been the victim of a car accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 637-0100 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.