If you have been injured in a car accident in Florida, you may be wondering whether or not you should sue the other driver. This is a difficult question, and there is no one-size-fits-all answer.
Car accidents can be overwhelming, but you can obtain the compensation you need to recover if you take the necessary steps. At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping victims of car accidents get the money they need to rebuild their lives. We know how to fight for our clients, and we will do everything possible to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review.
Is It Worth Suing After a Car Accident?
Whether or not you should sue after a car accident in Florida depends on several factors, including the severity of your injuries, the amount of damage to your property, and the strength of your case.
If you have been involved in a car accident in Florida, it is important to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney to help you understand your legal rights and options.
Can I Sue for Damages After a Florida Car Accident?
You could sue for damages after a Florida car accident if the other driver was at fault and you were injured. However, it is important to note that suing the other driver does not guarantee that you will receive compensation for your injuries.
To sue the other driver, you must first prove that they were at fault for the accident. This can be done by showing that they violated a traffic law, such as speeding or running a red light. You will also need to show that you suffered damages due to the accident.
Who Can I Sue After a Car Accident?
If you are suing after a car accident in Florida, you can sue the other driver, driver’s insurance company, the owner of the vehicle, an employer, or even your own insurance company.
Who Pays After a Car Accident?
If you sue and win your case, the court may order the other driver or driver’s insurance company to pay your damages.
No-Fault Insurance State – Florida
In Florida, all drivers must carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. PIP insurance pays for your medical expenses and lost wages up to a certain amount, regardless of who was at fault for the accident.
Comparative Fault Rule – Florida
In Florida, the comparative fault rule applies to car accident cases. Under HB 837, Florida switched from a pure comparative fault system to a “greater percentage of fault” system in March 2023. This means that if a party is found to be greater than 50% at fault for their own harm, they are barred from recovering any damages.
Statute of Limitations in Florida
In Florida, the statute of limitations for car accident lawsuits is two years from the accident date. Therefore, you may be barred from bringing a claim if you do not file a lawsuit within this time frame.
An experienced attorney can help you navigate the car accident claims process and ensure that your rights are protected. If you have been involved in a car accident, contact an experienced attorney today to discuss your case.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Florida
If you have been involved in a car accident in Florida, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think you were seriously injured, it is important to see a doctor or go to the hospital to get checked out.
After you have seen a doctor, you should speak with an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss your legal options and find out whether or not suing is right for you.
Suing after a car accident in Florida can be a complicated process, but an experienced personal injury lawyer can help you navigate the legal system and get the compensation you deserve.
Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Florida Car Accident?
If you have been involved in a car accident in Florida, it is important to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney to help you understand your legal rights and options. An experienced auto accident lawyer will know how to investigate your case, gather evidence, and build a strong argument on your behalf.
A lawyer will also be able to negotiate with the other driver’s insurance company on your behalf and fight for the maximum compensation possible. If you have been injured in a car accident, hiring a lawyer can make a big difference in the outcome of your case.
Florida Car Accident Damages
In most Florida car accident cases, you can recover compensation for:
- Medical bills – You can sue to recover your past and future medical expenses related to the accident.
- Lost wages – You can sue to recover your lost wages if you missed work because of your car accident injuries.
- Pain and suffering – You can sue for compensation for the physical and emotional pain and suffering caused by your injuries.
- Property damage – You can sue for damages to your car and possessions.
- Punitive damages – In some cases, you may be able to sue for punitive damages, which are designed to punish the other driver for their negligence. However, these are rare and awarded in cases where the at-fault driver acted especially egregious.
What The Fran Haasch Law Group Can Do For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we focus on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits, and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
With over 21 years of experience, we draw on constant legal research to help clients recover after being injured in auto accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
We Get You the Compensation You Deserve
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we understand that no amount of financial recovery can undo what you have been through. However, a fair settlement or jury verdict can ease the financial burden of unexpected medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages associated with your accident.
We have obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements for personal injury cases involving auto accidents, as well as claims concerning wrongful death and catastrophic injuries.
Here are a few of our car accident case results:
- $1.8 million for our client in Pinellas County who was injured in a car accident
- $1.8 million for a 33-year-old female client in Hillsborough County who was lawfully stopped for a left-turning vehicle ahead when she was rear-ended by the defendant vehicle, which was then rear-ended by the vehicle behind it, causing the client to feel two impacts. This resulted in multiple back surgeries and an infection which caused the client to be hospitalized several times.
- $1.6 million for a 25-year-old female passenger on a motorcycle when the defendant cut across the client’s path. The client was thrown over 200 feet from the motorcycle. The accident resulted in a fractured leg, broken finger, back surgery, and many other injuries.
- $1.55 million for a 46-year old male in Pasco County who was stopped at a red light on U.S. Highway 19 in Pasco County and was rear-ended by the defendant at a high rate of speed.
- $1.35 million for a client in Pasco County. The defendant turned left in front of our client, causing the client’s vehicle to flip and resulting in many injuries.
- $1.34 million for a 69-year-old male client in Orange County who was in the left turn lane when the defendant came across his pathway while attempting to turn and collided with the client. The accident resulted in multiple severe injuries, including a fractured pelvis, broken ribs, punctured lung, a broken arm that required surgery, and several lacerations.
- $1.3 million for a 33-year-old female client in Pinellas County who was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light with her three children in the car with her. The accident resulted in multiple surgeries and complications.
- $1.025 for our client injured in a car accident in Hillsborough County.
- $1.0 million for a client in Hillsborough County rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we are committed to fighting for your fair recovery. We strive to help injured individuals and the loved ones of those wrongfully killed, secure the full, fair recovery they are owed. We offer dedicated legal representation for car accident victims and victims of bicycle, rideshare, and semi-truck accidents.
If you feel you have been the victim of a car accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 784-8191 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.