In Florida, the statute of limitations for filing a car insurance claim against an at-fault driver and their insurance company for personal injury or property damage is two years from the date of the accident.
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping victims of car accidents. Our personal injury attorneys help victims achieve a higher average car accident settlement to rebuild their lives. We know how to fight for our clients, and we will do everything possible to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review.
What to Do After a Car Accident
After a car accident, the best thing to do is to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don’t think you’re injured, it’s important to have a doctor check you out. Once you’ve seen a doctor, you should contact an experienced personal injury attorney.
Why Should I File a Claim?
Building a personal injury case takes time. The most important thing you can do is get started as soon as possible. If you wait too long to file a claim, you may miss the deadline and be unable to recover compensation for your injuries.
Do Car Insurance Claims Require a Police Report?
No, car insurance claims do not require a police report. However, it’s always good to file a police report after an accident. A police report can help show that the other driver was at fault for the accident.
No-Fault Insurance in Florida
Florida is a “No-Fault” state, and drivers must carry Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance. This means that each driver’s own insurance company will pay for their medical bills and lost wages, regardless of who was at fault for the accident.
What Should I Do If the Other Driver’s Insurance Company contacts me?
If the other driver’s insurance company contacts you, you should politely decline to give a statement. Anything you say to the insurance adjuster can be used against you later. Instead, refer the insurance adjuster to your attorney. Your attorney will handle all communication with the insurance company on your behalf.
What If the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
If the other driver doesn’t have insurance, you may still be able to recover damages.
Uninsured Motorist Coverage
Unlike PIP, uninsured motorist coverage is not required in Florida. However, if you have UM coverage, it will protect you if you are in an accident with a driver who does not have insurance. When you have this type of coverage, your own insurance company will pay for your damages up to your car insurance policy limit.
However, you can still sue the other driver for pain and suffering damages if your injuries are serious. If you’re not sure what to do after an accident, contact an experienced personal injury attorney for help.
What If I Am Partly At Fault for the Accident?
You can still recover damages in Florida even if you are partially at fault for the accident. However, your damages will be reduced by your percentage of fault.
For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages but you are found to be 20% at fault for the accident, you will only recover $80,000. If you have any questions about how fault will affect your case, speak with an experienced personal injury attorney.
Potential Damages in a Florida Car Accident Case
There are many potential damages that you may be able to recover in a Florida auto accident case. These damages can include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, etc. If you have any questions about the specific damages in your case, speak with an experienced personal injury attorney.
Can My Car Insurance Company Deny My Claim?
Yes, your insurance company can deny your claim. However, if you have a valid claim, you should speak with an experienced personal injury attorney. An attorney can help you appeal the denial of your claim and represent you in court.
When Should I Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer After a Car Accident?
You should contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after a car accident. An attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options and can fight for the compensation you deserve. Don’t wait to get help after an accident – contact an attorney today.
What The Fran Haasch Law Group Can Do For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we focus on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits, and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
With over 21 years of experience, we draw on constant medical research to help clients recover after being injured in motor vehicle accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
What Is the Average Settlement for a Car Accident in Florida?
The average settlement for a car accident in Florida will vary depending on the specific facts of your case. Factors that can affect your settlement include the severity of your injuries, whether you were partially at fault for the accident, and whether the other driver had insurance. If you have any questions about how much your case is worth, speak with an experienced personal injury attorney.
We Get You the Compensation You Deserve
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we understand that no amount of financial recovery can undo what you have been through. However, a fair settlement or jury verdict can ease the financial burden of unexpected medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages associated with your accident.
We have obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements in personal injury cases involving auto accidents, as well as claims concerning wrongful death and catastrophic injuries.
Here are a few of our auto accident case results:
- $1.8 million for our client in Pinellas County who was injured in an auto accident
- $1.8 million for a 33-year-old female client in Hillsborough County who was lawfully stopped for a left-turning vehicle ahead when she was rear-ended by the defendant vehicle, which was then rear-ended by the vehicle behind it, causing the client to feel two impacts. This resulted in multiple back surgeries and an infection which caused the client to be hospitalized several times.
- $1.6 million for a 25-year-old female passenger on a motorcycle when the defendant cut across the client’s path. The client was thrown over 200 feet from the motorcycle. The accident resulted in a fractured leg, broken finger, back surgery, and many other injuries.
- $1.55 million for a 46-year old male in Pasco County who was stopped at a red light on U.S. Highway 19 in Pasco County and was rear-ended by the defendant at a high rate of speed.
- $1.35 million for a client in Pasco County. The defendant turned left in front of our client, causing the client’s vehicle to flip and resulting in many injuries.
- $1.34 million for a 69-year-old male client in Orange County who was in the left turn lane when the defendant came across his pathway while attempting to turn and collided with the client. The accident resulted in multiple severe injuries, including a fractured pelvis, broken ribs, punctured lung, a broken arm that required surgery, and several lacerations.
- $1.3 million for a 33-year-old female client in Pinellas County who was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light with her three children in the car with her. The accident resulted in multiple surgeries and complications.
- $1.025 for our client injured in a car accident in Hillsborough County.
- $1.0 million for a client in Hillsborough County rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney Today
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we are committed to fighting for your fair recovery. We strive to help injured individuals and the loved ones of those wrongfully killed, secure the full, fair recovery they are owed. We offer dedicated legal representation for car accident victims and victims of bicycle, rideshare, and semi-truck accidents.
If you feel you have been the victim of a car accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 637-0100 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.