If you have been in a car accident and suffered broken bones, you know how painful and debilitating it can be. Broken bones can take weeks or even months to heal, depending on the severity of the fracture. They can also be very costly to treat. Not only do you have to pay for medical bills, but you may also miss work and lose income. If your injury requires surgery or long-term rehabilitation, the costs can be even higher.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, contact a car accident lawyer. An experienced lawyer can help you understand your rights and options, guide you through the legal process, and represent you in negotiations or court proceedings. In addition, they will work to get you a fair settlement for your injuries and other losses.
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping car accident victims get the money they need to rebuild their lives. We know how to fight for our clients, and we will do everything possible to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review.
Bone Fractures vs. Bone Breaks
When you break a bone, it is called a bone fracture. This break changes the shape of the bone and may happen straight across the bone or its length. Bone fractures can occur anywhere in the body, but they are most common in the arm, leg, ankle, and foot. The most common are stress fractures. A stress fracture is caused by repetitive motion or overuse.
Types of Broken Bones
Many different types of broken bone injuries can occur in a car crash. Some of the most common include:
- Compound Fracture – These fractures occur when the bone breaks and protrudes directly through the skin. These fractures take longer to heal properly because the soft tissue has to heal along with the bones.
- Fractured Collarbone – The collarbone, or clavicle, is a long, thin bone that runs from the base of your neck to the middle of your chest. It connects your arm to your body and helps to support the weight of your head.
- Fractured Pelvis – The pelvis is a large, triangular bone that sits in the lower part of your abdomen. It connects your spine to your legs and helps to support your body weight. Pelvis fractures can take weeks or months to heal properly.
- Broken Ribs – The ribs are a series of long, curved bones that form a cage around your chest. They protect your lungs and other vital organs from injury. A fracture occurs when there is a break in the bone.
- Facial Fractures – They involve breaks or cracks in the bones of your face, including your nose, jaw, and cheekbones. Facial fractures can be severe and require surgery to fix.
- Spinal Fractures – Spinal fractures involve breaks or cracks in the bones of your spine.
- Comminuted Fracture – Comminuted fractures occur when the bone shatters into three or more pieces.
These injuries can be extremely painful and require extensive medical treatment. In some cases, they can also lead to long-term disability or death.
If you have suffered a broken bone in a car accident, it is important to seek medical attention right away. Then, contact a car accident lawyer to discuss your case. The sooner you act, the better chance you have of getting the full compensation you deserve.
Symptoms of a Broken Bone
The symptoms of a broken bone vary depending on the type and severity of the injury. However, common symptoms include:
Diagnosing Broken Bones After Car Accidents
If you have been in a car accident and think you may have broken a bone, it is important to seek medical attention right away. Your doctor will likely order X-rays or other imaging tests to diagnose your injury. Once the diagnosis is confirmed, your doctor will develop a treatment plan.
Treating Broken Bones After Car Accidents
The treatment for broken bones after a car accident depends on the type and severity of the injury. In some cases, broken bones will require surgery to fix them properly. You may also need physical therapy to help you regain strength and mobility.
A broken bone can lead to long-term disability in some cases. If this is the case, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. If you have been in a car accident and suffered a broken bone, contact a car accident lawyer today. They can help you get the full compensation you deserve.
Filing a Personal Injury Claim for Broken Bones After a Car Accident
If you have been in a car accident and have suffered a broken bone or bones, you may be able to file a personal injury claim. A personal injury claim can help you receive compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
It is important to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer to determine if you can file a claim. A personal injury lawyer can help gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
Compensation for Car Accident Fractures
If you or a loved one has suffered a fracture in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Some of the damages you may be able to recover include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
An experienced car accident lawyer can help you get the full compensation you deserve. Contact one today to discuss your case.
What the Fran Haasch Law Group Auto Accident Attorneys Can Do For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we focus on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits, and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
With over 21 years of experience, we draw on constant legal and medical research to help clients recover after being injured in auto accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
We’ll Get You the Compensation You Deserve
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we understand that no amount of financial recovery can undo what you have been through. However, a fair settlement or jury verdict can ease the financial burden of unexpected medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages associated with your accident.
We have obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements in cases involving car accidents, as well as claims concerning wrongful death and catastrophic injuries. Here are a few of our case results:
- $1.8 million for our client in Pinellas County who was injured in a car accident.
- $1.8 million for a 33-year-old female client in Hillsborough County who was lawfully stopped for a left-turning vehicle ahead when she was rear-ended by the defendant vehicle, which was then rear-ended by the vehicle behind it, causing the client to feel two impacts. This resulted in multiple back surgeries and an infection which caused the client to be hospitalized several times.
- $1.6 million for a 25-year-old female passenger on a motorcycle when the defendant cut across the client’s path. The client was thrown over 200 feet from the motorcycle. The accident resulted in a fractured leg, broken finger, back surgery, and many other injuries.
- $1.55 million for a 46-year old male in Pasco County who was stopped at a red light on U.S. Highway 19 in Pasco County and was rear-ended by the defendant at a high rate of speed.
- $1.35 million for a client in Pasco County. The defendant turned left in front of our client, causing the client’s vehicle to flip and resulting in many injuries.
- $1.34 million for a 69-year-old male client in Orange County who was in the left turn lane when the defendant came across his pathway while attempting to turn and collided with the client. The accident resulted in multiple severe injuries, including a fractured pelvis, broken ribs, punctured lung, a broken arm that required surgery, and several lacerations.
- $1.3 million for a 33-year-old female client in Pinellas County who was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light with her three children in the car with her. The accident resulted in multiple surgeries and complications.
- $1.025 million for our client injured in a car accident in Hillsborough County.
- $1 million for a client in Hillsborough County rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney Today
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we are committed to fighting for your fair recovery. We strive to help injured individuals and the families of the deceased secure the full, fair recovery they are owed. We offer dedicated legal representation for car accident victims and victims of bicycle, rideshare, and semi-truck accidents.
If you feel you have been the victim of a car accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 637-0100 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.