If you have been in a car accident, you may be experiencing pain. The pain can be caused by many things, such as whiplash, muscle strains, and even emotional stress. Unfortunately, many people do not realize how much pain they are in until after the accident.
If you or someone you know is experiencing pain following a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, it is important to know that you have legal options. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you understand your rights and options, guide you through the legal process, and represent you in negotiations or court proceedings. In addition, they will work to get you a fair settlement for your injuries and other losses.
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping victims of car accidents. Our personal injury attorneys help victims achieve a higher average car accident settlement to rebuild their lives. We know how to fight for our clients, and we will do everything possible to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Whiplash occurs when your head is suddenly jerked forward and then backward. This can damage the muscles and ligaments in your neck. If you are experiencing neck pain, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible.
Traumatic Brain Injuries
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is damage to the brain that occurs when an exterior force causes the brain to collide with the skull or puncture the skull.
A concussion is a mild traumatic brain injury that can cause headaches, dizziness, and nausea.
Back and Spinal Cord Injuries
A back or spinal injury is common after car accidents. The accident’s impact can cause your spine to be damaged, which can lead to pain in your back, shoulders, or arms. A spinal cord injury may require you to wear a brace or have surgery.
Soft Tissue Injuries
Soft tissue injuries, such as bruises and cuts, are also common after a car accident. They are often caused by glass and debris impacting the skin during the accident.
Internal bleeding is a severe complication that can occur after a car accident. This type of bleeding occurs when there is damage to your organs or blood vessels.
Adrenaline and the “Fight or Flight” Response
After a car accident, your body may go into the “fight or flight” response. This is when your body releases adrenaline, which can cause you to feel anxious, dizzy, and even nauseous. When your body is in fight or flight mode, it may mask symptoms and injuries.
Delayed Pain Symptoms to Look Out For After a Car Accident
It is important to be aware of delayed symptoms after a car accident. These symptoms may not appear until days or weeks after the accident and may signify a serious injury. Delayed symptoms include:
Headaches are a common symptom after a car accident. The pain can be caused by whiplash, muscle strains, and even emotional stress.
Dizziness and Nausea
Dizziness and nausea are also common symptoms after a car accident. These symptoms can be caused by the impact of the accident, which can damage your brain.
Depression is a common symptom after a car accident. This can lead to headaches, insomnia, and even suicidal thoughts. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important to seek help from a mental health professional.
Many people find that they are more anxious and stressed after an accident. This can lead to headaches, insomnia, and even depression.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
PTSD is a common symptom after a car accident. This can lead to flashbacks, nightmares, and even depression.
When Should I See a Doctor About My Pain?
If you are experiencing any pain after a car accident, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. You should especially see a doctor if:
- You find yourself becoming increasingly drowsy
- You experience sharp pain
- Your pain seems worse rather than better
- Your pain doesn’t disappear
- You have problems with vision or hearing
- You suffer weakness in your extremities
- You experience any symptoms of confusion or disorientation
- You have a headache that won’t go away
How Long Does Pain Last?
The duration of pain after a car accident varies from person to person. Some people find that their pain goes away within a few weeks, while others may experience pain for months or even years. If you are experiencing pain after a car accident, it is important to seek medical help as soon as possible.
What Are Some Complications That Can arise from Untreated Pain?
If you do not seek treatment for your pain after a car accident, you may experience some complications. These complications include:
- Chronic pain
How Long After a Car Accident Can You Claim Injury in Florida?
What The Fran Haasch Law Group Can Do For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we focus on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits, and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
With over 21 years of experience, we draw on constant medical research to help clients recover after being injured in motor vehicle accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
We Get You the Compensation You Deserve
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we understand that no amount of financial recovery can undo what you have been through. However, a fair settlement or jury verdict can ease the financial burden of unexpected medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages associated with your accident.
We have obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements in personal injury cases involving auto accidents and claims concerning wrongful death and catastrophic injuries.
Here are a few of our auto accident case results:
- $1.8 million for our client in Pinellas County who was injured in an auto accident
- $1.8 million for a 33-year-old female client in Hillsborough County who was lawfully stopped for a left-turning vehicle ahead when she was rear-ended by the defendant vehicle, which was then rear-ended by the vehicle behind it, causing the client to feel two impacts. This resulted in multiple back surgeries and an infection which caused the client to be hospitalized several times.
- $1.6 million for a 25-year-old female passenger on a motorcycle when the defendant cut across the client’s path. The client was thrown over 200 feet from the motorcycle. The accident resulted in a fractured leg, broken finger, back surgery, and many other injuries.
- $1.55 million for a 46-year old male in Pasco County who was stopped at a red light on U.S. Highway 19 in Pasco County and was rear-ended by the defendant at a high rate of speed.
- $1.35 million for a client in Pasco County. The defendant turned left in front of our client, causing the client’s vehicle to flip and resulting in many injuries.
- $1.34 million for a 69-year-old male client in Orange County who was in the left turn lane when the defendant came across his pathway while attempting to turn and collided with the client. The accident resulted in multiple severe injuries, including a fractured pelvis, broken ribs, punctured lung, a broken arm that required surgery, and several lacerations.
- $1.3 million for a 33-year-old female client in Pinellas County who was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light with her three children in the car with her. The accident resulted in multiple surgeries and complications.
- $1.025 for our client injured in a car accident in Hillsborough County.
- $1.0 million for a client in Hillsborough County rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney Today
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we are committed to fighting for your fair recovery. We strive to help injured individuals and the loved ones of those wrongfully killed, secure the full, fair recovery they are owed. We offer dedicated legal representation for car accident victims and bicycle, Lyft and Uber, and semi-truck accidents victims.
If you feel you have been the victim of a serious car crash through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 637-0100 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.