Back injuries are extremely common. They are one of the most common injuries in the United States. Many people suffer from back pain daily, and it can be challenging to live with. If you are one of the many people who suffer from back pain, you know how frustrating it can be.
If you suffer from a back injury after a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. An experienced lawyer can help you understand your rights and options, guide you through the legal process, and represent you in negotiations or court proceedings. In addition, they will work to get you a fair settlement for your injuries and other losses.
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping car accident victims get the money they need to rebuild their lives. We know how to fight for our clients, and we will do everything possible to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review.
Back Injuries After a Car Accident
Many people who suffer from back pain have been in a car accident at some point in their lives. When you are involved in a car accident, your body is suddenly jarred and thrown around. This can cause the muscles and ligaments in your back to stretch or tear.
Some common back injuries that occur after a car crash include:
Facet Joint Injuries
A facet joint injury is a type of back injury that occurs when one or more of the joints in your spine are damaged. These injuries can be very painful and often require surgery to repair.
Soft Tissue Injuries
Soft tissue injuries are injuries to the muscles, ligaments, and tendons in your back. These injuries can be very painful, and they often require physical therapy to heal.
Lumbar Spine Injuries
The lumbar spine is the lower portion of your spine. It is made up of several vertebrae, and it is located in your lower back. Lumbar spine injuries are any injury that occurs to the vertebrae or spinal discs in this area. These spinal cord injuries may be the result of a herniated disc.
Spinal stenosis is a spinal cord injury when the spinal canal becomes narrowed. This can cause the nerves in your spine to become compressed, leading to pain, numbness, and tingling sensations.
Can Whiplash Cause Back Pain?
A whiplash injury occurs when the head and neck are rapidly whipped back and forth. While pain and symptoms of whiplash primarily affect the cervical spine, a whiplash injury can also cause lasting back pain. Because symptoms sometimes take a while to appear, they go untreated and often lead to long-term complications in the neck and back.
Symptoms of Back Injuries After a Car Accident
If you have been in a car accident, it is important to watch for the following symptoms:
The most common symptom of a back injury is pain. You may experience neck and shoulder pain and pain in your lower back. The pain may be constant, or it may come and go.
Sensitivity to Touch
If you have a back injury, you may be sensitive to touch. This means that even the lightest touch can cause pain.
Numbness or Tingling
Another common symptom of a back injury is numbness or tingling. This is often caused by nerve damage. You may feel numbness or tingling in your arms, legs, or feet.
Muscle spasms are another common symptom of a back injury. These occur when the muscles in your back contract involuntarily. Muscle spasms can be very painful, making it difficult to move.
Diagnosing a Back Injury After a Car Accident
If you are a car accident victim and experiencing any of the symptoms listed above, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible. They will be able to diagnose your injury and recommend treatment.
Treatment of Back Injuries
The treatment for a back injury will vary depending on the severity of the injury. Some back injuries can be treated with:
Chiropractic care is a type of alternative medicine that focuses on treating musculoskeletal disorders. Chiropractors use a variety of techniques to treat back injuries, including:
- Manipulation is a technique that involves applying pressure to the spine. This pressure can help to relieve pain and improve the range of motion.
- Mobilization is a technique that uses gentle movements to stretch the muscles and ligaments in the back. This can help to relieve pain and improve your range of motion.
Physical therapy is a type of treatment used to help people who have been injured or who are recovering from surgery. Physical therapists use various techniques to help people regain strength and mobility. Some common methods used in physical therapy include:
- Therapeutic Exercises – Therapeutic exercises are designed to improve strength, flexibility, and range of motion. These exercises can be performed at home or in a therapist’s office.
- Manual Therapy – Manual therapy is a type of treatment that uses the hands to manipulate the muscles and joints. This can help to improve mobility and reduce pain.
Surgery is sometimes necessary to treat a back injury. Surgery can be used to:
- Repair damaged vertebrae or discs
- Fuse two or more vertebrae
- Remove a herniated disc
- Relieve pressure on the nerves
Pain management is a type of treatment used to help people who are suffering from pain. Various techniques can be used in pain management; however, the most common medication helps relieve pain.
Injections are another type of pain management that can relieve back pain. Corticosteroid injections help reduce inflammation and pain.
How Long Does Back Pain Last After a Car Accident?
The duration of back pain after a car accident will vary depending on the severity of the injury. In some cases, back pain will improve within a few weeks with treatment. However, some people may experience chronic back pain that lasts for months or even years.
Long-Term Complications of Back Injuries After Car Accidents
While most people will recover from their back injuries after a car accident, some may experience long-term complications. These complications can include:
- Chronic pain
- Nerve damage
- Loss of mobility
- Disc degeneration
These complications can have a significant impact on your quality of life. If you are experiencing any of these complications, it is important to see a doctor to get the treatment you need.
Can I Sue for a Back Injury After a Car Accident?
If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation. You may be able to sue the other driver for your injuries. If you win your case, you may be awarded damages that will cover:
- Medical Expenses – This includes the cost of treatment for your injuries, as well as any medications or devices you may need.
- Lost Wages – If you cannot work because of your injury, you may be able to receive compensation for lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering – You may also be entitled to compensation for the pain and suffering you have experienced due to your injury.
If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important to speak with an attorney to understand your rights. An attorney can help you determine if you have a case and represent you in court if necessary.
What The Fran Haasch Law Group Can Do For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we focus on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits, and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
With over 20+ years of experience, we draw on constant medical research to help clients recover after being injured in auto accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
Determining the Value of Your Back Injury Claim
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we understand that no amount of financial recovery can undo what you have been through. However, a fair settlement or jury verdict can ease the financial burden of unexpected medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages associated with your accident.
We have obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements in cases involving auto accidents, as well as claims concerning wrongful death and catastrophic injuries.
We Get You Results
- $1.8 million for our client in Pinellas County who was injured in a car accident.
- $1.8 million for a 33-year-old female client in Hillsborough County who was lawfully stopped for a left-turning vehicle ahead when she was rear-ended by the defendant vehicle, which was then rear-ended by the vehicle behind it, causing the client to feel two impacts. This resulted in multiple back surgeries and an infection which caused the client to be hospitalized several times.
- $1.6 million for a 25-year-old female passenger on a motorcycle when the defendant cut across the client’s path. The client was thrown over 200 feet from the motorcycle. The accident resulted in a fractured leg, broken finger, back surgery, and many other injuries.
- $1.55 million for a 46-year old male in Pasco County who was stopped at a red light on U.S. Highway 19 in Pasco County and was rear-ended by the defendant at a high rate of speed.
- $1.35 million for a client in Pasco County. The defendant turned left in front of our client, causing the client’s vehicle to flip and resulting in many injuries.
- $1.34 million for a 69-year-old male client in Orange County who was in the left turn lane when the defendant came across his pathway while attempting to turn and collided with the client. The accident resulted in multiple severe injuries, including a fractured pelvis, broken ribs, punctured lung, a broken arm that required surgery, and several lacerations.
- $1.3 million for a 33-year-old female client in Pinellas County who was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light with her three children in the car with her. The accident resulted in multiple surgeries and complications.
- $1.025 million for our client injured in a car accident in Hillsborough County.
- $1 million for a client in Hillsborough County rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney Today
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we are committed to fighting for your fair recovery. We strive to help injured individuals and the families of the deceased secure the full, fair recovery they are owed. We offer dedicated legal representation for car accident victims and victims of bicycle, rideshare, and semi-truck accidents.
If you feel you have been the victim of a car accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 637-0100 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.