In 2021, over 400,000 car accidents occurred in Florida. With over 3,000 fatal accidents and over 250,000 accidents ending in injuries, Florida is the third-worst state for motor vehicles. Though not always possible, the best way to avoid a car accident is to know where they are most common.
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping victims of car accidents. Our personal injury attorneys help victims achieve a higher average car accident settlement to rebuild their lives. We know how to fight for our clients, and we will do everything possible to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review.
One of the most common car accidents is a collision at an intersection. There are a few reasons for this. When vehicles approach an intersection, they must slow down to turn or stop. This gives drivers less time to react if someone else enters the intersection unexpectedly. Intersections are often busy, with many vehicles and pedestrians moving in different directions. This can make it hard to see what’s happening and easy to miss something important.
Parking lots can be dangerous for drivers, especially if they’re not paying attention. There are many obstacles in parking lots, such as other parked cars, shopping carts, and people. This can make it hard to see what’s happening and easy to miss something important.
Additionally, parking lots are often crowded, leading to drivers feeling rushed and making mistakes. Finally, car accidents occur in parking lots when one driver backs out of space and doesn’t see the other car coming.
Rural roads are often narrower than other roads, making it difficult for drivers to see what’s happening ahead of them. There are also more animals on rural roads, which can lead to accidents if drivers aren’t paying attention. Car accidents also occur when a driver is going too fast for the conditions.
Close to Home
Most car crashes occur close to home. People driving close to home may be more likely to be tired or distracted, and they may be more familiar with the area and less likely to pay attention to their surroundings.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
- Distracted Driving – Drivers who are texting, talking on the phone, or even not paying attention to the road are more likely to get into an accident.
- Speeding – Drivers who are going too fast for the conditions are more likely to lose control of their vehicle and cause accidents.
- Drunk Driving – Drunk driving is the cause of most fatal crashes and is a major problem on our roads. Every year, thousands of people are killed in accidents caused by drunk drivers.
- Bad Weather Conditions – Driving in bad weather, such as snow, rain, or fog, is dangerous and frequently results in fatal car crashes.
How Can I Avoid a Car Accident?
Maintain Your Vehicle
A great way to reduce your chances of being in an accident is to make sure your vehicle is in good working condition. This means regular maintenance, like oil changes and tire rotations. It also means keeping an eye on your car’s brakes, lights, and other safety features.
Avoid Night Driving If Possible
If possible, avoid driving at night. There are more drunk drivers on the road at night, and it’s harder to see what’s happening ahead of you. If you must drive at night, be extra cautious and go slowly.
Don’t Drive Distracted
One of the most important things you can do to practice safe driving is to pay attention to the road. That means no texting, no talking on the phone, and no other distractions. If you’re not paying attention, you’re more likely to make a mistake that could lead to an accident.
Obey the Speed Limit
One of the most common causes of accidents is speeding. If you’re going too fast, you might not be able to stop in time if something happens ahead of you. And if you do get in an accident, the faster you’re going, the more serious it will be. So obey the speed limit and drive at a safe speed for the conditions.
Plan Your Route Before You Drive
Before you get in the car, take a few minutes to plan your route. If you’re not sure where you’re going, pull over and ask for directions before you start driving. This will help you avoid getting lost and reduce the chances of getting into an accident.
What Should I Do After a Car Crash?
Unfortunately, sometimes car accidents are unavoidable. If you are involved in a car accident, you should do a few things to make sure everyone is safe and protect your rights.
- Keep a cool head and follow these steps after you’ve been in a car accident:
- Call the police – They will investigate the accident and file a report.
- Get medical attention – Even if no one is injured, seek medical treatment. Some injuries such as whiplash and concussions do not show symptoms immediately.
- Exchange information with the other driver – Get the other driver’s name, number, and insurance information.
- Take pictures – If possible, take pictures of the damage to both vehicles and any injuries that you or passengers have sustained.
- Contact a car accident attorney – An experienced car accident lawyer will protect your rights and get you the compensation you deserve.
What The Fran Haasch Law Group Can Do For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we focus on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits, and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
With over 20 years of experience, we draw on constant medical research to help clients recover after being injured in motor vehicle accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
We Get You the Compensation You Deserve
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we understand that no amount of financial recovery can undo what you have been through. However, a fair settlement or jury verdict can ease the financial burden of unexpected medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages associated with your accident.
We have obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements in personal injury cases involving auto accidents, as well as claims concerning wrongful death and catastrophic injuries.
Here are a few of our auto accident case results:
- $1.8 million for our client in Pinellas County who was injured in an auto accident
- $1.8 million for a 33-year-old female client in Hillsborough County who was lawfully stopped for a left-turning vehicle ahead when she was rear-ended by the defendant vehicle, which was then rear-ended by the vehicle behind it, causing the client to feel two impacts. This resulted in multiple back surgeries and an infection which caused the client to be hospitalized several times.
- $1.6 million for a 25-year-old female passenger on a motorcycle when the defendant cut across the client’s path. The client was thrown over 200 feet from the motorcycle. The accident resulted in a fractured leg, broken finger, back surgery, and many other injuries.
- $1.55 million for a 46-year old male in Pasco County who was stopped at a red light on U.S. Highway 19 in Pasco County and was rear-ended by the defendant at a high rate of speed.
- $1.35 million for a client in Pasco County. The defendant turned left in front of our client, causing the client’s vehicle to flip and resulting in many injuries.
- $1.34 million for a 69-year-old male client in Orange County who was in the left turn lane when the defendant came across his pathway while attempting to turn and collided with the client. The accident resulted in multiple severe injuries, including a fractured pelvis, broken ribs, punctured lung, a broken arm that required surgery, and several lacerations.
- $1.3 million for a 33-year-old female client in Pinellas County who was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light with her three children in the car with her. The accident resulted in multiple surgeries and complications.
- $1.025 for our client injured in a car accident in Hillsborough County.
- $1.0 million for a client in Hillsborough County rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney Today
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we are committed to fighting for your fair recovery. We strive to help injured individuals and the loved ones of those wrongfully killed, secure the full, fair recovery they are owed. We offer dedicated legal representation for car accident victims and victims of bicycle, rideshare, and semi-truck accidents.
If you feel you have been the victim of a car accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 637-0100 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.