If you are one of the many people who suffer from ringing in the ears, also known as tinnitus, after a car accident, you know how debilitating it can be. It makes it difficult to concentrate or sleep, but it can also be extremely frustrating.
Persistent ringing in the ears is a serious injury that can significantly impact your quality of life and make a significant impact on your finances.
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping victims of car accidents. Our personal injury attorneys help victims achieve a higher average car accident settlement to rebuild their lives. We know how to fight for our clients, and we will do everything possible to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review.
What is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus is the perception of noise or ringing in one or both ears. A common symptom, tinnitus, affects millions of people across the country. Tinnitus can be caused by various things, including exposure to loud noises, head trauma, and earwax buildup. Many people who suffer from tinnitus report hearing:
- Ringing sounds
What Causes Tinnitus After a Car Accident?
A whiplash injury occurs when the head is suddenly jerked forward and backward. This can damage the muscles, ligaments, and discs in the neck. When the ligaments and muscles in your neck are stretched beyond their limit, it can cause damage to the delicate structures in your inner ear, leading to tinnitus.
Another common cause of tinnitus is airbag deployment. When an airbag deploys, it can create a loud noise that can damage the structures in your inner ear. Additionally, the airbag’s impact can also cause damage to your neck and head.
Traumatic Brain Injuries
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can also cause tinnitus. A TBI is a brain injury that occurs when the head is suddenly and violently thrown forward or to the side. This can damage the auditory nerves in your brain.
Acoustic trauma is an ear injury that can cause tinnitus. This type of injury usually occurs after exposure to loud noise, such as an explosion. Acoustic trauma can also occur after long-term exposure to loud noises, such as working in a factory.
Common Tinnitus Symptoms
One of the most common tinnitus symptoms is a ringing sound in the ears. However, some people also experience other symptoms, such as:
- A feeling of fullness in the ears
- Difficulty concentrating
- Ear pain
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important to seek medical attention. Tinnitus can signify a more severe condition, such as a brain injury.
Medical Treatment for Tinnitus Victims
If you are suffering from tinnitus, treatments are available to help you manage your symptoms. Some of the most common treatments include:
- Masking devices – Masking devices produce a gentle noise that can help mask tinnitus sound.
- Sound therapy – Sound therapy can help retrain your brain to ignore tinnitus sound.
- Medication – Medications help relieve some tinnitus symptoms, such as anxiety and depression.
You should discuss your treatment options with your doctor. They will be able to create a treatment plan that is specifically tailored to your needs.
How Long Does Tinnitus Last After a Car Accident?
The length of time that tinnitus lasts after an accident depends on many factors, such as the severity of the injury and the type of treatment you receive. However, with proper medical treatment, most people can manage their symptoms and live a normal life.
Long-Term Complications of Tinnitus
While most people can manage their tinnitus with treatment, some suffer from long-term complications. Tinnitus can also cause difficulty sleeping, anxiety, and depression. In rare cases, tinnitus can lead to permanent hearing loss.
Can I File a Lawsuit for Tinnitus After a Car Accident?
If you have been in a car accident and are suffering from tinnitus, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit. You will need to prove that the other driver was at fault for the accident to win your case. You will also need to prove that your tinnitus was caused by the accident.
Proving Tinnitus From a Car Crash
There are many ways to prove that your tinnitus was caused by a car accident. One of the most important pieces of evidence is your medical records. Your medical records should show that you were seen by a doctor soon after the accident and diagnosed with tinnitus. Additionally, witnesses can testify as to how the accident happened and how it has affected your life.
If you have been in a car accident and are suffering from tinnitus, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. They will be able to help you build a strong case and get the compensation you deserve.
Damages You Can Recover a Tinnitus Lawsuit
If you are successful in your lawsuit, you may be able to recover damages for your
- Medical expenses – Include both past and future medical costs related to your tinnitus.
- Lost wages – If you have been unable to work because of your tinnitus, you can recover lost wages.
- Pain and suffering – You can also recover damages for the physical and emotional pain and suffering caused by your tinnitus.
- Property Damage – If your car was damaged in the accident, you can recover the cost of repairs.
Additionally, if you were in a severe accident where the driver acted egregiously, you may also be able to recover punitive damages. Punitive damages are designed to punish the other driver for their negligence and deter others from driving recklessly.
What The Fran Haasch Law Group Can Do For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we focus on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits, and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
With over 21 years of experience, we draw on constant medical research to help clients recover after being injured in motor vehicle accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
We Get You the Compensation You Deserve
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we understand that no amount of financial recovery can undo what you have been through. However, a fair settlement or jury verdict can ease the financial burden of unexpected medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages associated with your accident.
We have obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements in personal injury claims involving auto accidents and claims concerning wrongful death and catastrophic injuries.
Here are a few of our auto accident case results:
- $1.8 million for our client in Pinellas County who was injured in an auto accident
- $1.8 million for a 33-year-old female client in Hillsborough County who was lawfully stopped for a left-turning vehicle ahead when she was rear-ended by the defendant vehicle, which was then rear-ended by the vehicle behind it, causing the client to feel two impacts. This resulted in multiple back surgeries and an infection which caused the client to be hospitalized several times.
- $1.6 million for a 25-year-old female passenger on a motorcycle when the defendant cut across the client’s path. The client was thrown over 200 feet from the motorcycle. The accident resulted in a fractured leg, broken finger, back surgery, and many other injuries.
- $1.55 million for a 46-year old male in Pasco County who was stopped at a red light on U.S. Highway 19 in Pasco County and was rear-ended by the defendant at a high rate of speed.
- $1.35 million for a client in Pasco County. The defendant turned left in front of our client, causing the client’s vehicle to flip and resulting in many injuries.
- $1.34 million for a 69-year-old male client in Orange County who was in the left turn lane when the defendant came across his pathway while attempting to turn and collided with the client. The accident resulted in multiple severe injuries, including a fractured pelvis, broken ribs, punctured lung, a broken arm that required surgery, and several lacerations.
- $1.3 million for a 33-year-old female client in Pinellas County who was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light with her three children in the car with her. The accident resulted in multiple surgeries and complications.
- $1.025 for our client injured in a car accident in Hillsborough County.
- $1.0 million for a client in Hillsborough County rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate.
Contact the Personal Injury Lawyers at The Fran Haasch Law Group Today
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we are committed to fighting for your fair recovery. We strive to help injured individuals and the loved ones of those wrongfully killed, secure the full, fair recovery they are owed. We offer dedicated legal representation for car accident victims and bicycle, rideshare, and semi-truck accidents victims.
If you feel you have been the victim of a serious car crash through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 637-0100 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.