You’re driving down the street when all of a sudden, you hear a loud crash. You look in your rearview mirror and see that you’ve just hit another car. What do you do now? If you’ve been in this situation before, then you know that it can be a little confusing and stressful. Thankfully, we’re here to help!
Even if you are in a minor accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping victims of car accidents. We know how to fight for our clients, and we will do everything possible to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review.
What is a Fender Bender Accident?
A fender bender is a minor car accident caused by a low-speed collision between two vehicles. These accidents are usually not very serious, but they can still cause some damage to your car. Fender benders are the most common type of car accident, and they often happen in busy parking lots or stop-and-go traffic.
Parking Lot Accidents
Parking lot accidents are one of the most common types of fender benders. These accidents often happen when one driver backs out of a parking space and doesn’t see the other car. They can also occur when two drivers try to park in the same space.
A rear-end collision is when one car hits the back of another car. These accidents often happen when a driver is not paying attention and rear-ends the car in front of them. Rear-end collisions can also occur when a driver is following too closely or if there is a sudden stop in traffic.
What Should I Do After a Fender Bender Car Accident?
Get Out of Traffic
If you’re involved in a fender bender, the first thing you should do is pull over to a safe location. Once you’re safely off the road, you can assess the damage to your vehicle and see if there are any injuries.
See a Doctor
If you’ve been involved in a fender bender, it’s important to see a doctor even if you don’t think you’re injured. Often, the symptoms of an injury can take days or even weeks to appear. So, it’s better to be safe and get checked out by a doctor just in case.
Do Not Admit Guilt
You may be overwhelmed after a fender bender and say something that assigns guilt to you. However, you should never do this! Even if you think the accident was your fault, you should not say so to the other driver or law enforcement. It is best not to say anything until you have a car accident attorney to represent you.
Exchange Contact Information
If you are involved in a fender bender, it is important to exchange contact information with everyone involved in the accident. You should get their names, phone numbers, and the other driver’s insurance company information. It is also a good idea to take photos of the damage to your vehicle and the other driver’s vehicle and any injuries you may have sustained.
Talk to a Car Accident Lawyer
After a fender bender, you may be wondering if you need to hire a car accident attorney. The answer is that it depends on the severity of the accident and the damages involved. If there are minor injuries and damage, you likely won’t need an attorney. However, if there are significant injuries or damage, it’s a good idea to talk to an attorney to see if you have a case.
Do You Need to Notify Your Insurance Company of a Fender Bender?
Even if the damage is minor, file an insurance claim. You will need to notify your insurance provider of a fender bender in most cases. They may require you to submit a police report or other documentation, so it’s important to have all the necessary information before you call.
Are Injuries Common in Fender Bender Accidents?
Fortunately, injuries are not very common in fender bender accidents. However, they can still happen, so it’s important to be aware of the signs of a potential injury. If you hit your head or feel pain anywhere in your body, see a doctor as soon as possible.
Can You Seek Compensation After a Fender Bender Accident?
If you’ve been involved in a fender bender, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. In most cases, your personal protection coverage will be responsible for paying your claim. However, if the other driver doesn’t have insurance or if your damages are significant, you may need to file a lawsuit to get the compensation you deserve.
How to Prove Fault in a Fender Bender Accident
If you’ve been in a fender bender, a few pieces of evidence can help prove fault.
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Photos of the accident scene
What The Fran Haasch Law Group Can Do For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we focus on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits, and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
With over 21 years of experience, we draw on constant medical research to help clients recover after being injured in motor vehicle accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
We Get You the Compensation You Deserve
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we understand that no amount of financial recovery can undo what you have been through. However, a fair settlement or jury verdict can ease the financial burden of unexpected medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages associated with your accident.
We have obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements in cases involving auto accidents, as well as claims concerning wrongful death and catastrophic injuries.
Here are a few of our auto accident case results:
- $1.8 million for our client in Pinellas County who was injured in an auto accident
- $1.8 million for a 33-year-old female client in Hillsborough County who was lawfully stopped for a left-turning vehicle ahead when she was rear-ended by the defendant vehicle, which was then rear-ended by the vehicle behind it, causing the client to feel two impacts. This resulted in multiple back surgeries and an infection which caused the client to be hospitalized several times.
- $1.6 million for a 25-year-old female passenger on a motorcycle when the defendant cut across the client’s path. The client was thrown over 200 feet from the motorcycle. The accident resulted in a fractured leg, broken finger, back surgery, and many other injuries.
- $1.55 million for a 46-year old male in Pasco County who was stopped at a red light on U.S. Highway 19 in Pasco County and was rear-ended by the defendant at a high rate of speed.
- $1.35 million for a client in Pasco County. The defendant turned left in front of our client, causing the client’s vehicle to flip and resulting in many injuries.
- $1.34 million for a 69-year-old male client in Orange County who was in the left turn lane when the defendant came across his pathway while attempting to turn and collided with the client. The accident resulted in multiple severe injuries, including a fractured pelvis, broken ribs, punctured lung, a broken arm that required surgery, and several lacerations.
- $1.3 million for a 33-year-old female client in Pinellas County who was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light with her three children in the car with her. The accident resulted in multiple surgeries and complications.
- $1.025 for our client injured in a car accident in Hillsborough County.
- $1.0 million for a client in Hillsborough County rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Lawyer Today
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we are committed to fighting for your fair recovery. We strive to help injured individuals and the loved ones of those wrongfully killed, secure the full, fair recovery they are owed. We offer dedicated legal representation for car accident victims and victims of bicycle, rideshare, and semi-truck accidents.
If you feel you have been the victim of a car accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 637-0100 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.