Wesley Chapel is a suburb in the Tampa Bay Area of Florida. The population of Wesley Chapel is growing rapidly, as it is located near several major highways. Unfortunately, this also means that there are a lot of car accidents in Wesley Chapel. If you have been involved in a car accident, it is important to speak with an experienced car accident attorney who can help you get the compensation you deserve.
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience handling car accident cases. We will thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your accident and identify all liable parties. We will then negotiate with the insurance companies to get you the maximum compensation possible. We are prepared to take your case to trial if we cannot reach a fair settlement. Contact The Fran Haasch Law Group today for a case evaluation.
Car Accidents in Wesley Chapel
Wesley Chapel, an unincorporated census-designated place in Pasco County, has a population of over 44,000 residents who have been trying to incorporate the area since 2003. Similar to other parts of Florida, Wesley Chapel has dangerous driving conditions. In 2021, Pasco County experienced:
- 8,155 total accidents, including bicycle accidents, car crashes, and motorcycle accidents
- 7,597 people reported injuries
- There were 104 fatalities in total
- 1,917 of the total accidents were hit and runs, with four deaths and 765 injuries
The Fran Haasch Law Group can help if you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident. Our personal injury lawyers will review your case and determine what options are available to you.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Wesley Chapel
There are many reasons why car accidents happen. However, some of the most common causes of accidents include:
- Speeding: Speeding is one of the most common causes of accidents. When a driver is speeding, they are more likely to lose control of their vehicle and cause an accident.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving includes anything that takes a driver’s attention away from the road. This can include texting, talking on the phone, eating, drinking, or even changing the radio station.
- Driving Under the Influence: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is extremely dangerous and is one of the leading causes of car accidents.
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving includes any dangerous driving, such as tailgating, making unsafe lane changes, or running red lights.
You may be entitled to compensation if you have been injured in a car accident caused by another driver’s negligence. The experienced team at the Fran Haasch Law Group can help you get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can cause various injuries, some of which are pretty serious. Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Head Injuries: Head injuries can be severe and include concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries.
- Neck Injuries: Common neck injuries include whiplash and herniated discs.
- Back Injuries: Back injuries can be extremely painful and require surgery or other medical treatment. Common back injuries include spinal cord injuries and herniated discs.
- Broken Bones: Broken bones can require surgery or other medical treatment and can take weeks or months to heal.
If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important to speak with an experienced Wesley Chapel car accident attorney as soon as possible. A car accident can result in serious injuries, and you may be entitled to compensation for your losses.
The team at our personal injury law firm has years of experience helping injury victims get the compensation they deserve. We will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the maximum damage possible.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Wesley Chapel
If you are involved in a car accident, there are certain steps you should take to protect your rights.
- Call the Police: You should always call the police after a car accident, even if the damage is minor. The police will create a report of the accident, which can be used as evidence in your case. After the accident, you can request a report from the Florida highway safety crash portal.
- Get Medical Treatment: If you are injured in a car accident, it is important to get medical treatment as soon as possible. Even if your injuries seem minor, they may become more severe over time.
- Collect Evidence: If you can, you should collect evidence at the accident scene. This can include photos of the damage, witness contact information, and your written account.
- Contact an Attorney: An experienced car accident attorney can help you investigate your case and determine who is liable for your injuries. The attorney can also help you get the compensation you deserve.
Contact the Fran Haasch Law Group today for a free case review if you have been involved in a car accident. Our experienced team will fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Why Should I File a Car Accident Claim?
Car accident claims help people get compensation for their injuries and damages. If you have been in a car accident, you may be able to file a claim to get compensated for your losses.
There are many benefits to filing a car accident claim, including:
Most people need financial assistance after an accident. You may be entitled to monetary compensation if you have been injured in a car accident. This can help you pay for your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses.
Your injuries may require taking time off work or away from helping your family. Filing a successful claim can give you the money you need to take an extended resting period which can help prevent life-long pain and suffering.
Hold the Responsible Party Accountable
Filing a car accident claim can also help hold the responsible party accountable. This is important because it can help prevent future accidents from happening.
Deciding whether or not to file a car accident claim is a personal decision. You should speak with an experienced attorney to help you understand your rights and options. Contact the Fran Haasch Law Group today for a free case review. We will help you decide if filing a claim is right for you.
Factors That May Impact Your Claim
Many factors can impact your car accident claim. These include:
Comparative Fault in Florida
Under the revised fault system in Florida, which took effect in March 2023 under HB 837, if you are deemed to be more than 50% responsible for the harm you suffered in an accident, you will not be eligible for any damages, regardless of the extent of your losses. This implies that you may be burdened with significant financial expenses. However, if your level of fault is less than 50%, you may be entitled to recover damages. To ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve, it is vital to consult with an experienced attorney who can guide you through these changes and advocate for your rights.
Type of Accident
The type of accident can also impact your claim. For example, if you are in a hit-and-run accident, it may be more difficult to prove the other driver’s fault. This is because there is no evidence of who caused the accident.
However, if you have uninsured motorist coverage or underinsured motorist coverage, you may be able to file a claim with your own insurance company.
The Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims in Florida
In Florida, you have two years from the accident date to settle or file a personal injury claim. This may seem like a long time, but starting the process as soon as possible is important.
It can take time to gather evidence and build a strong case. If you wait too long, you may not be able to file a claim.
How Much Money Can I Recover in a Wesley Chapel Car Accident Claim
The amount of money you can recover in a car accident claim depends on many factors. These include the severity of your injuries, the cost of your medical treatment,and the amount of lost wages.
Types of Damages You May Be Eligible For
There are many types of damages you may be eligible for if you have been in a car accident. These include:
You may be able to recover the cost of your medical expenses, both past and future. This can include the cost of hospitalization, surgery, medication, and rehabilitation.
If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be able to recover the cost of your lost wages. This is true even if you can return to work but make less money than before the accident.
Pain and Suffering
You may also be able to recover damages for your pain and suffering. This includes physical pain, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
In rare cases, you may also be able to recover punitive damages. These are designed to punish the responsible party and deter future accidents.
Why You Should Choose The Fran Haasch Law Group
The Fran Haasch Law Group focuses on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
With over 21 years of experience, we draw on constant medical research to help clients recover after being injured in auto accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
Contact the Wesley Chapel Car Accident Attorneys at The Fran Haasch Law Group Today
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, our Wesley Chapel car accident lawyers are committed to fighting for your fair recovery. We offer dedicated legal representation for car accident victims and bicycle, rideshare, and semi-truck accidents. We strive to help injured individuals and the loved ones of those wrongfully killed secure the full, fair recovery they are owed.
If you feel you have been the victim of a car accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 784-8191 or contact us online to get started on receiving full compensation for your injury case.