Lutz Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been injured in an accident, you need to speak with a Lutz personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Our team at The Fran Haasch Law Group has years of experience helping personal injury victims like you get the compensation they need and deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free case review and learn more about how we can help you.
How Do I Know if I Have a Personal Injury Case?
Personal injury cases involve accidents in which someone is injured by another party’s negligent, careless, or reckless actions. These can include:
- Vehicle accidents – Auto accidents are one of the most common causes of personal injuries. If you were involved in a car accident caused by another driver’s negligence and suffered injuries as a result, you can hold that driver accountable for your damages.
- Product liability accidents – If you are injured by a defective product, the manufacturer or seller may be liable for your damages. Product liability cases can be complex, so it is important to speak with an experienced attorney to determine if you have a case.
What to Do If You Are Injured in an Accident
If you are injured in an accident, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. Once you have been treated for your injuries, it is important to take the following steps:
- Report the accident – Report the accident to the police and give them a detailed account of what happened. This will help with any future legal proceedings.
- Get contact information – Get the contact names and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident.
- Take pictures – If possible, take photos of the accident scene and your injuries. This will help with your case later on.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer – Speak with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible to get started on your case.
What Can a Personal Injury Attorney Do for Me?
When you are injured in an accident, it can be difficult to know what to do or how to proceed. Your attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries. Some of the ways they can help include:
- Negotiating with the insurance company – Your attorney will work with the insurance company to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Filing a lawsuit – If necessary, your attorney will file a lawsuit on your behalf and represent you in court.
- Handling all communication – Your attorney will handle all communication with the other party’s attorneys so that you don’t have to.
- Getting you the compensation you deserve – Your attorney will work to get you the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries.
If you have been injured in an accident, please don’t hesitate to contact us today. We would be happy to discuss your case with you and see how we can help.
Why Should I File a Personal Injury Claim?
If you are injured in an accident, you can file a claim to seek compensation for your damages. You may be entitled to medical expenses, lost income, property damage costs, and pain and suffering damages as part of your settlement or award.
What Are The Types Of Damages Awarded For Personal Injury Claims?
There are a variety of damages that can be awarded in a personal injury claim, including:
- Medical expenses include all medical costs related to the accident, such as hospital bills, doctor’s visits, and prescription drugs.
- Lost income – If you are unable to work due to your injuries, you can recover your lost wages.
- Property damage – If your vehicle or other property was damaged in the accident, you could recover repair or replacement costs.
- Pain and suffering include compensation for physical pain and emotional distress caused by an accident.
- Punitive damages – These are designed to punish the defendant for their actions. They are only awarded in cases where there has been egregious or reckless conduct.
Personal Injury Law in Florida
Personal Injury law is the area of law that deals with injuries caused by someone else’s negligence. If you were injured in an accident, you may be able to file a personal injury claim and receive compensation for your injuries.
When it comes to personal injury cases, determining fault is key. To recover damages, you will need to prove that the other party was responsible for your injuries.
To prove negligence, you will need to show that the other party failed to meet a duty of care. This could be things like failing to maintain safe premises or driving negligently.
“Greater Percentage of Fault” Comparative Negligence in Florida
In Florida, you can still recover damages if you are found to be partially at fault for your injuries. This is known as comparative negligence.
HB 837, which came into effect in March 2023, brought about a transition in Florida’s fault system from pure comparative fault to a “greater percentage of fault” model. As a result, individuals who are found to be more than 50% responsible for their own harm cannot recover damages. For example, if you are found to be 30% at fault, you can recover 70% of damages. But, if you are found to be even 50.1% at fault, you cannot recover any compensation.
Having a skilled lawyer on your team is vital to establish that the other party was responsible for the accident.
How Can I Understand How Much My Claim is Worth?
It is impossible to determine the value of a personal injury claim without knowing all the facts. The factors that determine how much your claim is worth include:
Type of Injuries Sustained
The type of injury you sustained will also affect the value of your claim. Some injuries are more serious than others, and this will be taken into account when determining how much compensation you receive.
Financial Impact of The Injury
The financial impact of your injury will affect the amount of compensation you can recover. For example, if you have medical bills that need to be paid or miss work due to your injuries, this can all add up and result in a higher settlement offer from the insurance company. Therefore, it is important to keep track of these costs to be included in your claim.
How The Injuries Have Changed Your Personal Life
The way your injury has changed your personal life can also be taken into account when calculating the value of your claim. If you have had to miss work, change your lifestyle, or incur any other costs as a result of the accident, these should all be included in your damages.
Your attorney will be able to give you an estimate of the compensation available to you based on the information they have. They will also work to get you the maximum amount possible for your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury
Do I Need An Attorney If I Was Injured In A Car Accident?
If you were injured in a car accident, you may need an attorney to help you with your claim. An experienced lawyer can help negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf and ensure that all of your medical bills are paid for.
How Can I File A Claim For My Injuries?
If you were injured in an accident, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Do not hesitate to contact an attorney to discuss your case. They will be able to help you file a claim and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
What Is The Statute Of Limitations For Filing A Personal Injury Claim In Lutz?
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim in Florida is two years from the accident date. The statute of limitations is the time within which you have to file a lawsuit. If you wait too long, your case will be dismissed by the court, and you will not be able to recover any compensation.
Should I Accept an Insurance Settlement?
The insurance company may offer you a settlement after filing a personal injury claim against the at-fault party. It is important to speak with an attorney before accepting any kind of settlement, as there may be factors you are not aware of that could affect your case.
What If I Can’t Afford an Attorney?
If you cannot afford to hire an attorney on your own, you may be able to find a personal injury lawyer who will work on a contingency basis. This means that the lawyer will not collect any fees unless they win or settle your case.
How Long Does It Take to Resolve a Personal Injury Claim?
The length of time it takes to resolve a personal injury claim can vary depending on the facts and circumstances of your case. Your attorney will be able to give you a better estimate as they investigate and build your claim, but it is generally possible that you could receive compensation in as little as a few months.
How Much Do Personal Injury Lawyers Charge?
Most personal injury attorneys charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that after the lawyer wins or settles your case, they will be paid a percentage of the settlement award.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring an Attorney?
If you have been injured in an accident, it is important to speak with one of our Lutz personal injury lawyers as soon as possible. An experienced lawyer will be able to guide you through each step of the process and ensure that you receive the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Types of Personal Injury Claims Our Firm Covers
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, our Lutz personal injury attorneys cover various cases for accident victims. This includes:
Contact a Lutz Personal Injury Lawyer With The Fran Haasch Law Group For a Free Case Evaluation
Florida injury law can be complex, and it is important to have an experienced attorney on your side who can guide you through the process. Whether you’ve suffered minor or serious injuries, The Fran Haasch Law Group is a team of experienced personal injury attorneys dedicated to helping personal injury victims get the maximum compensation they are entitled to. We have years of experience fighting for the rights of injured victims, and we know how to get results.