Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Lutz is a city located in Hillsborough County and a portion of South Pasco County. With just over 23,700 residents, it is relatively small. However, with I-275 running through the city’s east side to join I-75, U.S. Route 41 running through the center, and its proximity to Downtown Tampa, Lutz is somewhat of a commuter city. That means more cars and bikes are on the road, and unfortunately, that also means more accidents.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle crash in Lutz or the surrounding areas, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. A Lutz motorcycle accident lawyer can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have successfully represented many clients in motorcycle accident cases, and we can help you too. Contact us today for a case review. Our injury lawyers will review your case and advise you of your legal options. You owe us nothing unless we win your case.
What Compensation Can I Recover After a Lutz Motorcycle Accident?
After a Lutz motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to recover damages for your injuries, including:
- Medical expenses – You may be able to recover the cost of your medical treatment, including hospitalization, surgery, and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages – If you are unable to work because of your injuries, you may be able to recover your lost wages.
- Pain and suffering – You may be able to recover compensation for the physical and emotional pain and suffering caused by your injuries.
If you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you may also be able to file a wrongful death claim. This can help compensate you for funeral costs, lost income, and the loss of companionship.
Who Is Liable For My Injuries After a Motorcycle Accident in Lutz, FL
The liable party in a motorcycle accident will depend on the circumstances of the accident. Common liable parties include:
- The other driver
- The government
- The motorcycle manufacturer
It is important to note that Florida does not require drivers to carry bodily injury liability insurance, so even if the other driver is found to be at fault, they may not have insurance or enough insurance to cover your damages. This is one of the many reasons why it is so important for accident victims to have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage on their own policy.
Contact a personal injury attorney at The Fran Haasch Law Group today if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident.
Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Crashes in Lutz
Many different factors can contribute to a motorcycle accident. However, some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Lutz include:
- Speeding – Speeding is one of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents. When a motorcyclist is speeding, they have less time to react to hazards on the road.
- Distracted driving – Distracted driving is a dangerous behavior that can lead to serious accidents when distracted drivers are not paying attention to the road and may not see a motorcyclist.
- Drunk driving – Drunk driving is another leading cause of motorcycle accidents. When drivers get behind the wheel after drinking, their reaction times are slowed, and they are more likely to make bad decisions.
- Poor weather conditions – Poor weather conditions, such as rain or snow, can make it more difficult for drivers to see motorcyclists.
- Road hazards – Road hazards, such as potholes or debris, can cause motorcycle accidents. When motorcyclists hit a road hazard, they may lose control of their bikes and crash.
What Should I Do If I’ve Been Injured in a Lutz Motorcycle Accident?
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, there are some important things you should do:
- Get medical help – The first thing you should do is seek medical attention. Even if your injuries seem minor, it is important to have them evaluated by a medical professional.
- Exchange information – Swap insurance information with the other driver. You will also want to get the contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
- Call an experienced Lutz personal injury attorney – The next thing you should do is call an experienced attorney. An attorney can help you navigate the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Gather evidence – If possible, you should also try to gather evidence from the accident. This can include photos of the scene, witness statements, and your medical records.
Motorcyclists Suffer Serious Injuries in Accidents
Motorcyclists are at a higher risk of suffering serious injuries in an accident. This is because they do not have the same protections as drivers of cars and trucks. When motorcyclists are involved in an accident, they may suffer broken bones, spinal cord injuries, head injuries, or even death.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Some injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries or spinal cord injuries, may not be immediately apparent. A medical professional will be able to properly diagnose your injuries and provide you with the treatment you need.
How Can a Lutz Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help with My Compensation Claim?
You may be entitled to compensation if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident. An experienced Lutz motorcycle accident lawyer can help you with your claim. Your attorney will work with you to gather evidence, such as photos of the scene, witness statements, and your medical records. They will also review your insurance policy to determine what coverage is available to you.
Your attorney will negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf to get you the full compensation you deserve. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, your attorney may recommend taking your case to court.
No one should go through the legal process alone after being injured in an accident. An experienced Lutz motorcycle accident lawyer at The Fran Haasch Law Group can help you navigate the process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
How Long Do I Have to File a Motorcycle Injury Claim in Lutz, Fl?
In Florida, you must file or settle a personal injury claim two years from the accident date. This may seem like a long time, but starting the process as soon as possible is important.
Gathering evidence and building a strong case can take time. In addition, some injuries may not be immediately apparent. For example, you may not realize you have suffered a traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injury until weeks or months after the accident. Psychological injuries like post-traumatic stress disorder may also take time to develop.
If you wait too long to file a claim, you may be barred from recovering any compensation at all. So if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to contact an experienced Lutz motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Contact The Lutz Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at The Fran Haasch Law Group Today
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we support the Tampa Bay biker community personally and professionally. We understand personal injury law for motorcyclists and have committed to protecting motorcycle rider rights.
Our law firm has handled numerous motorcycle accident claims in Hillsborough and Pasco County and knows insurance companies’ strategies to avoid rewarding full compensation.
If you feel you have been the victim of a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 784-8191 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.