There are many delivery trucks on the roads in Florida. These trucks make deliveries for businesses and individuals. They come in different sizes and shapes, and some are even semi-trucks. They help keep businesses running by transporting goods and products to and from customers. These trucks are often driven by independent contractors or employees of delivery companies. Unfortunately, accidents involving these trucks are all too common.
Contact a Florida delivery truck accident attorney if you have been injured in a delivery truck accident. At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience representing clients in delivery truck accident cases. We know what it takes to win these cases and will work tirelessly to get you the best possible outcome.
Common Causes of Delivery Truck Accidents
Delivery trucks are convenient, a great way to save money, and they provide an easy way to get products from one place to another. As more businesses move to e-commerce, the demand increases, and so does the number of trucks on the road. Now, truck drivers are under tight time constraints, leaving them exhausted and more likely to make mistakes.
When a driver makes a mistake or acts negligently, the results can be catastrophic, causing serious injuries for everyone involved. Many factors can contribute to a delivery truck accident. Some of the most common include:
- Reckless driving
- Poorly maintained trucks
What Should I Do After a Truck Accident?
If you have been involved in a delivery trucking accident, there are certain steps you should take to protect your rights.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if your injuries seem minor, it is important to get them checked out by a doctor.
- Avoid giving any statements to the insurance company. Insurance adjusters will often try to get you to say something that can be used against you later.
- Gather evidence from the accident. This can include taking pictures of the scene, getting the contact information of witnesses, and saving any medical bills or receipts.
- Contact an experienced truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. At our law firm, we offer free case reviews. Our truck accident attorneys will review your case and help you understand your legal options. If we believe that you have a case, we will represent you on a contingency fee basis. This means that you will not owe us anything unless we can get you compensation.
When Should I Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer?
Ideally, you should hire a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. This will allow them to begin investigating the accident and gathering evidence. It is also important to note that Florida’s statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit is four years from the date of the accident. This means that if you do not file your lawsuit within four years of the date of the accident, you will be barred from doing so.
Liable Parties in a Truck Accident
There are a few different liable parties in a truck accident case.
- The truck driver if they were negligent in causing the accident.
- The trucking company if they are vicariously liable for the truck driver’s actions.
- The manufacturer of the truck or any of its parts if there was a defect that caused the accident.
How Long Does it Take to File a Truck Accident Lawsuit?
The amount of time it takes to file a truck accident lawsuit depends on several factors. These can include the severity of your injuries, the amount of damages you are seeking, and whether or not the other party is contesting the claim.
Damages You Can Recover in a Truck Accident Case
If you are successful in your truck accident case, you may be able to recover many different types of damages. These can include economic damages such as medical expenses, lost wages, property damages, and non-economic damages such as pain and suffering and emotional distress.
Florida Truck Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident, you need a lawyer who is experienced in handling these cases. At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have experience handling all aspects of truck accident cases.
If you feel you have been the victim of a delivery truck accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 784-8191 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.