Brandon, FL is located in the Tampa Bay Area of Florida and is considered a suburb of Tampa. The city has a population of over 100,000 people and is growing rapidly. Brandon is known for its family-friendly atmosphere and its many amenities. The city has several parks, recreation facilities, and a variety of shops and restaurants. Brandon is also home to the Tampa Bay Lightning hockey team and the Brandon School District.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. A motorcycle accident can result in serious injuries, and you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. The lawyers at The Fran Haasch Law Group are experienced in handling motorcycle accident cases, and we will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact a Brandon motorcycle accident attorney today for a free case evaluation.
How Does Motorcycle Insurance Work in Brandon, FL Motorcycle Accident Cases?
In Florida, motorcycle riders are not required to carry insurance unless they choose not to wear helmets. However, if you do have insurance, it will usually only cover bodily injury and property damage. If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, your insurance will not pay for your medical expenses or lost wages.
If the other driver was at fault, their insurance might be liable. However, Florida does not require drivers to carry liability insurance that covers accident victims’ injuries. If the other driver does not have insurance, you may be left to pay for your own medical expenses and lost wages.
Another option for motorcycle operators is to file an uninsured/underinsured motorist (UIM) claim. If you or your loved one has this insurance, you can use it to file a claim if:
- the at-fault driver does not have liability insurance
- the at-fault driver’s liability insurance isn’t enough
- the at-fault driver fled the scene of the accident.
Contact the experienced Brandon, FL motorcycle accident lawyers at The Fran Haasch Law Group for more information about your options for recovering compensation after a motorcycle accident.
Common Causes of Brandon Motorcycle Accidents
Most motorcycle accidents in Hillsborough County occur due to driver negligence such as:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Reckless driving
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Making a left turn in front of a motorcycle
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving (or falling asleep behind the wheel)
- Failure to stop at a traffic signal or stop sign
However, there are many other reasons a motorcycle accident can occur. Other common causes of a motorcycle accident include:
- Motorcycle Defects
- Negligent Maintenance and Repairs
- Road Hazards
- Poor Weather Conditions
What Are the Common Injuries Sustained in a Brandon Motorcycle Accident?
Some of the most common injuries our clients have sustained after being involved in a motorcycle accident include:
- Head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash
- Back injuries, such as herniated discs
- Spinal cord injuries can lead to paralysis
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
These injuries can be extremely costly to treat. In some cases, they may require lifelong care. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident due to a negligent driver, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses.
What Are the Steps I Need to Take After a Brandon Motorcycle Accident?
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, there are some important steps you should take:
- Get medical attention right away, even if you don’t think you’ve been injured. Some injuries, such as head injuries and internal bleeding, may not be immediately apparent.
- Call the police and file a report.
- Gather evidence at the scene of the accident, if possible. This may include taking pictures of the damage to your motorcycle, getting the contact information for any witnesses, and anything else that may be relevant to your case.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance company.
- Call an experienced Brandon motorcycle accident lawyer.
An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer can help you understand your rights and options after being injured in a motorcycle accident.
How Can a Brandon, FL Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help?
The Fran Haasch Law Group lawyers have extensive experience helping Brandon motorcycle accident victims. We will work tirelessly to investigate the cause of your accident and build a strong case for compensation. We will also negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf and fight for the full amount of damages you are entitled to.
How Soon Can I File a Motorcycle Insurance Claim After an Accident in Brandon, FL?
You should contact your insurance company immediately after a motorcycle crash. Your insurance company will need to investigate the accident, and they may need to speak with you about what happened. You should not give a statement to the other driver’s insurance company without first speaking to a lawyer.
The Fran Haasch Law Group Brandon motorcycle accident attorneys can help you deal with your insurance company and the other driver’s insurance company. We will ensure that your rights are protected and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose the Brandon Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at The Fran Haasch Law Group?
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we focus on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
With over 21 years of experience, we draw on constant legal research to help clients recover after being injured in auto accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
Our Team Knows Motorcycle Law
Not only do our Brandon motorcycle accident attorneys have years of experience handling motorcycle accident claims, but our law firm is heavily involved in the community of amazing bikers throughout the Tampa Bay area. In addition, we frequently advocate for motorcycle accident victims in Lakeland and throughout Hillsborough County.
This gives us a unique understanding of the law and how it affects motorcyclists.
We Have Recovered Millions for Riders and Their Families
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we understand that no amount of financial recovery can undo what you have been through. However, a fair settlement or jury verdict can ease the financial burden of unexpected medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic damages associated with your accident.
We have obtained multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements in cases involving motorcycle accidents as well as claims concerning wrongful death and catastrophic injuries. Here are a few of our motorcycle accident case results:
- $5.01 million for a 33-year-old male killed in Pasco County. The defendant’s driver turned left in front of him. Our client was driving his motorcycle and died shortly after being transported to the hospital. This case involved heavily contested liability. The amount reflects the total available insurance.
- $4 million for a 44-year-old male in Pinellas County who was riding his motorcycle when the defendant initiated a left turn across the client’s pathway, causing a collision, ejecting him off of the motorcycle, and resulting in a leg amputation.
- $3.01 for a male motorcycle driver in Pinellas County who was severely injured when the defendant made an illegal u-turn in front of him. The amount reflects the total available insurance.
- $2.4 for a client injured in a motorcycle accident in Citrus County.
- $2.33 million for our client injured in a motorcycle accident in Pasco County.
- $1.5 million for a wrongful death motorcycle accident case in Pasco County.
- $1.494 million for a 33-year-old female in Pinellas County whose right of way was violated by the defendant.
- $1.2 million for a 30-year-old male client in Hillsborough County who was riding his motorcycle when the defendant ran a stop sign causing the client to strike her vehicle, resulting in multiple fractures and leaving the client in a wheelchair for three months following the accident.
Contact Brandon, FL Attorneys You Can Trust to Help You With Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we support the Tampa Bay biker community personally and professionally. We understand personal injury law for motorcyclists and have committed to protecting motorcycle rider rights.
We have handled numerous motorcycle accident claims in Clearwater, Palm Harbor, and Tampa and know insurance companies’ strategies to avoid rewarding full compensation.
If you feel you have been the victim of a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 784-8191 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.