Venice, Florida, is a beautiful town in Sarasota County. The city is known for its beaches, fishing, and boating. It is also home to a number of motorcycle riders. Unfortunately, this can sometimes lead to accidents.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to contact a Florida motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible. These accidents can be very serious, and it is important to have an experienced lawyer on your side who understands the law and can help you get the compensation you deserve.
The Fran Haasch Law Group has supported the biker community in Tampa Bay and its surrounding areas for over 21 years. Our legal team has helped several motorcycle accident victims get the money they need to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and more. Contact one of our motorcycle accident attorneys today for a free case evaluation.
How Are Motorcycle Accidents Different From Auto Accidents?
There are a few key ways that motorcycle accidents differ from motor vehicle accidents. First, motorcycles offer little to no protection for riders in the event of a collision. This means that injuries sustained in a motorcycle collision are often much more severe than those suffered in a car accident.
Additionally, insurance companies treat motorcycle accidents differently than car accidents. This is because motorcycle riders are more likely to take risks on the road. As a result, insurance companies may attempt to pay out less money for a motorcycle accident.
Why Should I Hire A Venice Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important to hire a qualified lawyer. These accidents can be very complex, and you will need an experienced advocate on your side. A personal injury lawyer can help you gather evidence, interview witnesses, and build a strong case. Without a lawyer, you may be at a disadvantage in getting the money you deserve.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a motorcycle accident, contact our office today to schedule a case review. Our motorcycle accident lawyers will help you understand your rights and options.
Common Causes of Venice Motorcycle Accidents
Several factors can contribute to a motorcycle accident. In some cases, the rider may be at fault. However, there are also many instances where the other driver is to blame. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Poor road conditions
Other common causes include:
- Road hazards: anything on or near the roadway that could cause an accident. This includes things like potholes, debris, and construction zones.
- Defective products: any product that was not designed or manufactured correctly, which can cause accidents or injuries. This includes things like faulty brakes or tires.
- Other Vehicles: Cars making a left turn in front of a motorcycle, trucks turning into the path of a motorcycle, and cars hitting a motorcycle from behind are all common causes of accidents.
No matter what caused your accident, you should not have to suffer because of someone else’s negligence. Contact our office today if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident. We will help you get the money you deserve.
What Are Some Common Injuries Sustained in Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents can result in a wide range of injuries. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Brain injuries
- Road rash
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
These injuries can be extremely painful and debilitating. In some cases, they may even require lifelong care.
What to Do After Being Injured in a Motorcycle Crash in Venice, FL
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, there are a few things you should do:
- Get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if your injuries seem minor, it is important to get checked out by a doctor. Some injuries, such as internal bleeding, may not be immediately apparent.
- Contact a Venice, FL motorcycle accident lawyer. A qualified lawyer will be able to help you get the compensation you deserve.
- Gather evidence. If possible, take photos of the accident scene and your injuries. You should also get the contact information of any witnesses. This evidence can be extremely helpful in building a strong case.
- Do not give a statement to the other driver’s insurance company. Insurance companies often try to get accident victims to give recorded statements. These statements can be used against you later. Let your lawyer handle all communication with the insurance company is best.
Contact our law firm today if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident. We will help you get the money you deserve. We have a no-recovery, no-fee policy, which means you don’t owe us anything unless we win your case.
Who is Liable in a Motorcycle Accident?
A few different parties could be liable in a motorcycle accident. It all depends on the specific circumstances of the accident. The liable party could be:
- The other driver
- A government entity
- The manufacturer of a defective product
In some cases, more than one party may be held liable for an accident. For example, if a defective tire caused an accident, both the manufacturer of the tire and the driver who was using it could be held liable.
Evidence You Can Use to Prove Liability in a Motorcycle Accident Claim
A few different types of evidence can be used to prove liability in a motorcycle accident claim. This includes:
- The police report
- Witness statements
- Video footage
- Medical records
- Accident reconstruction reports
An experienced lawyer will know how to collect and use this evidence to build a strong case.
How Much Compensation Can You Recover After a Motorcycle Accident in Venice, FL?
The amount of compensation you can recover after a motorcycle accident will depend on several factors. Some of the things that will be considered include:
- The severity of your injuries – The more serious your injuries, the more money you may be able to recover.
- The extent of your damages – In addition to medical bills, you may also be able to recover damages for things like lost wages and pain and suffering.
- Whether you can return to work – If your injuries prevent you from returning to work, you may be able to recover lost wages.
- The impact the accident has had on your life – The accident may have caused you to miss out on important life events or activities. You may be able to recover damages for these losses.
The best way to determine how much money you may be entitled to is to contact a Venice motorcycle accident attorney at The Fran Haasch Law Group. Our experienced lawyers will help you understand your rights and options.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Partially At Fault?
In Florida, you may still be able to recover compensation if you are partially at fault for an accident. This is known as comparative negligence. Under this rule, your damages will be reduced by the percentage of fault you are assigned. For example, let’s say you are involved in an accident, and it is determined that you were 20% at fault. This means you can still recover 80% of your damages.
No-Fault Insurance Does Not Cover Motorcycle Accidents in Venice, Florida
Some people mistakenly believe that no-fault insurance will cover their damages after a motorcycle accident. This is not the case. No-fault insurance only applies to accidents involving cars, not motorcycles. This means that if you are in a motorcycle accident, you will not be able to file a claim with your own insurance company unless you have medpay, UM/UIM, comprehensive, or collision coverage.
Florida motorcycle insurance law also doesn’t require drivers to carry bodily injury insurance (BIL), so the chances of being involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver are likely. Because motorcyclists aren’t required to carry traditional forms of insurance, it’s unlikely they have an uninsured/underinsured motorist policy to help them cover expenses.
A lawyer will help you navigate the often-complex world of insurance claims and get the money you need to cover your damages.
Why Should I File a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
There are many reasons why you should consider filing a motorcycle accident claim. Some of the most common include:
- You need money to pay for medical expenses
- You lost wages because you couldn’t work
- The accident caused property damage
- Someone else’s negligence caused the accident
Filing a claim is the best way to get the money you need to cover your damages. If you are apprehensive about filing a claim, an experienced lawyer at The Fran Haasch Law Group will be able to help put your mind at ease.
Our Venice Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Are Ready to Fight For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we support the Tampa Bay biker community personally and professionally. We understand personal injury law for motorcyclists and have committed to protecting motorcycle rider rights.
We have handled numerous motorcycle accident claims in Clearwater, Palm Harbor, and Tampa and know insurance companies’ strategies to avoid rewarding full compensation.
If you feel you have been the victim of a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 784-8191 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.