Why Riders Should Consider Track Day Motorcycle Insurance

If you have lived in or around Clearwater, Florida for even a little while and you ride a motorcycle, then you have probably heard the name Attorney Fran Haasch of The Fran Haasch Law Group. Fran is not only a motorcycle accident attorney with a history of case results, but she is also an avid motorcyclist. She cares about her clients and her community dearly, which is why she has an important message to tell all motorcyclists around her hometown: get track day motorcycle insurance.

What is Track Day Motorcycle Insurance?

Most motorcyclists purchase a basic insurance policy, not really knowing what it covers. An inspection of an insurance policy will usually reveal that the coverage only applies to accidents on public streets, parking lots, and highways. What might surprise you is that your insurance policy probably does not cover any motorcycle accidents that happen on a racetrack or enclosed course.

If you ever go to the track to take your ride for a few laps, you need to talk to your insurance provider about getting track day insurance. This insurance add-on or upgrade will provide insurance coverage in case you crash while on a racetrack, excluding crashes that occur during a time trial or competition with other riders.

Most track day insurance policies will provide coverage for:

  • Motorcycle repairs
  • Riding accessory replacement
  • Safety gear replacement

The amount of coverage you are provided depends on the cap of your insurance policy. But, once again, you will not have this coverage unless you have a policy that includes track day insurance benefits. Without this specific coverage type, you could be left with no financial support at all from your insurance provider. 

Review Your Policy Often for Upgrades

Please keep in mind that many insurance companies do not even offer track day coverage for motorcyclists. We recommend that you speak with an insurance broken who can discuss multiple companies and options with you to find a policy that meets your specific insurance needs.

If you have not reviewed your insurance policy in a while, please take some time to do it again. You might need to make policy upgrades that will keep you covered in worst-case scenarios. If you ever need any help filing a claim or pursuing compensation after a motorcycle accident in Clearwater, please come to our law firm first for legal help.

Inquiring clients can dial (727) 784-8191 to schedule a free case evaluation. We answer the phone 24/7.

Florida PIP Insurance Limits Making a Claim to Only 14 Days

Florida is one of only a few states in the country that require motorists to carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. This unique type of auto insurance will pay damages to a claimant based on the limits of their own policy, even if they are found liable for their own car accident. While this policy seems like it should be a great benefit to the average driver, it does not come without its drawbacks.

You Have 14 Days to Act After a Crash

Florida drivers who want access to their PIP benefits only have 14 days after their accident to treat. Once that very-brief 14-day time limit is over, you will be ineligible for PIP, if you did not treat.

How to Overcome Your Claim Difficulties

After being in a car accident, one of the first things you should do is call a car accident attorney. With their guidance, you will have a better understanding of your rights and remedies. In case two weeks have already passed since your accident, your lawyer will be able to help you figure out the best next step.

The Fran Haasch Law Group and our personal injury attorneys are standing by to help car accident victims in Clearwater, Florida and the Greater Tampa Bay region. Our case results speak for themselves, but if you would like to know more about our legal services, please feel free to give us a call at (727) 784-8191. We offer free case evaluations to inquiring clients.

Homeowner’s Insurance Policy Exclusions

Have you ever been involved in a car accident or motorcycle accident only find out the exclusions in your insurance policy won’t cover the damage to your vehicle? Are you currently searching for a new homeowner’s insurance policy but worried you might encounter a similar issue? Although this type of insurance is supposed to provide you with important financial protection for your property, each policy contains exclusions and limitations that greatly impact the amount of coverage you will have when you need it most.

Most homeowners’ insurance policies offer two types of coverage:

  • Coverage for repairs or replacement of property caused by covered perils
  • Personal liability coverage for people injured on your property

The following are common examples of some of the things that might not be covered under a standard homeowners’ insurance policy:

  • Dog bite coverage
  • Animal coverage
  • Swimming pools
  • Inflatables/bounce houses
  • Trampolines
  • Carports
  • Porches
  • Screened sunrooms
  • Pool enclosures
  • Awnings
  • Dock and boat lifts

Unfortunately, many of the items listed above are usually the first to be damaged when a storm or another type of natural disaster occurs. The language of a homeowner’s insurance policy can be confusing if you are not a legal professional, and often, these agreements will disguise the events, causes, and disasters that won’t be covered under the policy by using complicated legal terms intended to confuse the policyholder.

Consult with The Fran Haasch Law Group Today

If you have questions about insurance coverage for your property, you should get in touch with our dedicated legal team at The Fran Haasch Law Group to discuss your situation. We are here to make sure you understand all of your options under the law so that your best interests are fully protected.

Call (727) 784-8191 to set up a free evaluationwith a member of our law firm today.

I’m Receiving Medical Bills in the Mail – What Should I Do with Them?

One thing that is sure to change after being in an auto accident is the amount of mail you receive. Don’t be surprised if your mailbox starts getting stuffed each day with all types of communications and documents regarding your accident. In particular, try not to get too frightened if you start receiving medical bills in the mail.

Instead, this is what you should do with medical bills mailed to you: forward them to your lawyer. All of your medical bills, total charges, and outstanding balances need to be totaled in order for your claim to be accurate. The names of all your medical providers need to also be recorded and kept in one place. Get them sent directly to your attorney’s office so they can keep track of them.

This is especially important if your medical provider or healthcare insurance company has not been in direct contact with your attorney for whatever reason. The sooner your legal representation and your healthcare provider connect and network, the simpler your case will be. In some cases, you can authorize your healthcare provider to send copies of your bills and important updates to your medical records directly to your attorney’s office for fast reference while developing your claim.

Here at The Fran Haasch Law Group in Clearwater, Florida, we try to be as connected with our clients’ cases as possible. Our personal injury attorneys get hands-on with our casework to make life easier for our clients, just as they deserve. In many cases, this means interacting with healthcare providers and insurance companies on our clients’ behalves, allowing us to get the information we need from them sooner so we can build even better claims. It all comes back to doing all we can to secure the best possible outcome for the people who come to us for legal help and moral support.

To learn about The Fran Haasch Law Group and our legal services, call (727) 784-8191 today.

What is Vicarious Liability?

When someone is harmed due to no fault of their own, determining liability can become a tricky process if there is a 3rd-party involved. Vicarious liability refers to when a person or entity is responsible for another’s actions, and it most commonly applies to one of two scenarios. First, an employer may be responsible for the actions of a negligent employee. Second, a vehicle owner may be liable for the negligence or misconduct of someone who drives their car. Vicarious liability allows for the truly culpable parties to be held answerable, directly responsible or not. We explore these scenarios in further detail below.

Car Accidents

If a vehicle owner negligently entrusts their car to someone who neglectfully or recklessly causes injury to a 3rd party, the owner may be held liable. The key factor in these types of cases is proving the owner gave permission for the vehicle to be used, thus shifting responsibility. Common examples include if the owner knowingly lends the vehicle to a driver who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, without a valid driver’s license, or otherwise impaired.  

On-The-Job Accidents

Employer-employee relationships tend to be some of the most complex, legally speaking. If an employee behaves negligently or recklessly at work and harms another, his or her employer may be held liable for the incident. The following circumstances must be established in order to place liability upon a 3rd party:

  • The injury occurred while the employee was working for the employer
  • The employee was acting within the course and scope of employment

Outstanding Personal Injury Lawyers Committed to Your Best Interests

The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have spent many years providing our clients with the clever and diligent representation they deserve in their time of need. If you were injured or harmed due to the negligence or misconduct of another person, rest assured our personal injury attorneys are fearlessly willing to face the opposition on your behalf. Allow us to ensure your voice is heard and justice is served.

To reach a representative who will address your legal needs, call us at (727) 784-8191.

Should I Speak to the Insurance Company About My Injuries?

After being injured in an accident, one of the first calls you receive will come from the other party’s insurance company. Their job is to prevent you from obtaining compensation or to reduce the amount of compensation you receive and, to accomplish this, they will use numerous tactics to weaken your claim. One such tactic is to lure you into a conversation about your injuries. Unfortunately, you will not know much about your injuries this early on, especially if you did not even have a chance to seek medical treatment yet. Therefore, it is in your best interests not to discuss your injuries with the other party’s insurance company until your attorney advises you to do so. Generally, you will provide information about your injuries to the insurance company once you are ready to begin negotiating your claim.

Understanding How to Handle the Insurance Company

When speaking to an insurance adjuster, it is important to not discuss the details of your injuries, even after you seek treatment. The adjuster might try to convince you that you are obligated to provide your medical records regarding any treatment you received thus far, but you are under no such obligation and you should politely decline this request.

You and your attorney will be able to discuss your injuries once you begin to negotiate a settlement. Generally, this is done upon reaching maximum medical improvement (MMI). MMI does not necessarily mean you will be fully recovered, but rather that you have recovered as much as you can and your condition cannot improve any more than it already has. At this stage, you will have an understanding of any permanent damage or disabilities you might have as a result of your injuries, which will allow your attorney to calculate a more accurate estimate for the value of your claim. Waiting to reach MMI will help ensure that you do not accidentally set too low a value on your claim and end up footing the bill for any of the expenses and losses associated with your injuries.

The only details you are obligated to provide when speaking to the insurance adjuster are the basics, including when and where the accident took place, if there were any witnesses, and if the officers at the scene wrote up a police report. Anything beyond these basic details are not required. You can refer the insurance adjuster to your own insurance company or ask that they speak with your attorney.

Hire a Knowledgeable Personal Injury Attorney Today!

If you were injured in an accident due to someone’s negligence, you need to contact the personal injury team at The Fran Haasch Law Group for the skilled legal assistance you need to navigate this complex process. With almost two decades of experience on our side, you can feel confident in our team’s ability to represent you and fight on your behalf for the compensation you deserve for your losses and suffering.

Contact our law office today at (727) 784-8191 to request a complimentary case review with one of our compassionate personal injury attorneys to discuss your case and find out how we can help you.