The Tampa Bay area is home to some of Florida’s most popular tourist attractions. These include Busch Gardens, the Florida Aquarium, and Lowry Park Zoo. The bay is also home to several professional sports teams, including the Tampa Bay Buccaneers NFL and the Rays MLB teams. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Tampa Bay, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you need to speak with a Tampa Bay motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible. These accidents can be very serious, and it is important to have an experienced lawyer on your side who understands the law and can help you get the compensation you deserve.
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we serve motorcycle riders throughout the Tampa Bay Area, including Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Clearwater. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Motorcycle Accidents in Tampa Bay
With over 600,000 bikes registered in the state, Florida is one of the top states for motorcycles. Unfortunately, it is among the top three states for deadly motorcycle collisions.
In 2021, The Florida Department of Highway and Motor Vehicles (FDHMV) reported 8,629 motorcycle crashes, and 586 of these accidents were deadly. Although motorcycles were involved in just two to four percent of all traffic disasters in Florida, they accounted for about 15.52% of traffic deaths. In Hillsborough County, there were a total of 584 motorcycle collisions reported in 2021, including 515 injuries and 37 fatalities.
Fatal Motorcycle Accidents Are Common in Tampa Bay
Although anyone can be injured in a motorcycle accident, these collisions are often deadly. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that motorcyclists are 28 times more likely to die in a crash than people in passenger cars.
There are many reasons why motorcycle accidents are so dangerous.
- Motorcycles do not offer the same level of protection as cars. When a motorcycle is involved in a collision, the rider is often ejected from the bike. This can lead to serious injuries, including broken bones, road rash, and head injuries.
- Motorcycles are much smaller than cars, which makes them harder to see on the road. This can make it difficult for other drivers to see them, and it can also make it difficult for them to avoid hitting them.
- Motorcycles do not have seatbelts or airbags. This means that riders can be thrown from their bikes during a collision. Additionally, if they are not wearing helmets, they are at an increased risk of suffering a traumatic brain injury.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important to speak with an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer will be able to review your case and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Tampa Bay, Florida
Many different factors can contribute to a motorcycle accident. Some of the most common causes of these accidents include:
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Poor road conditions
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we have years of experience helping accident victims throughout Hillsborough County and Pinellas County with cases involving motorcycle accidents. We understand the challenges that you are facing, and we will work tirelessly to help you get the compensation you deserve.
How to Find the Right Motorcycle Accident Attorney in the Tampa Bay Area
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you need to find a lawyer who understands these cases’ unique challenges. Here are some tips for finding the right lawyer for your needs:
- Look for a lawyer who has experience handling motorcycle accident cases. This experience will help them understand the unique challenges that these cases present.
- Find a lawyer who is familiar with the laws in your state. Each state has its own laws regarding motorcycle accidents, and it is important to find a lawyer who is familiar with the laws in your state.
- Find a lawyer who is willing to fight for you. Motorcycle accident cases can be complex. Riders often face bias from the insurance company, jury, police officers, and more, so it is important to find a lawyer willing to fight for you.
- Find a lawyer who you feel comfortable with. It is important to find a lawyer who you feel comfortable with and who you can trust.
Why You Should Call The Fran Haasch Law Group For Help With Your Tampa Bay Motorcycle Accident Claim
The Fran Haasch Law Group focuses on helping you and your family recover. We pursue personal injury lawsuits and wrongful death claims to obtain full compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and more.
We Have the Experience Necessary to Win Your Case
With over 21 years of experience, we draw on constant legal research to help clients recover after being injured in auto accidents in Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas. Founding personal injury attorney, Fran Haasch, is a lifetime member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association.
Our Team Knows Motorcycle Law
Not only do our Tampa Bay motorcycle accident attorneys have years of experience handling motorcycle accident cases but our law firm is heavily involved in the community of amazing bikers throughout the Tampa Bay area. In addition, we frequently advocate for motorcycle accident victims in Tampa. This gives us a unique understanding of the law and how it affects motorcyclists.
How Can a Tampa Bay Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at Our Firm Help You?
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, an experienced lawyer at The Fran Haasch Law Group can help you in several ways. First, we can help you investigate the accident and gather evidence. This evidence can be used to prove that the other driver was at fault for the accident. A Tampa motorcycle accident lawyer can also help you negotiate with the insurance company. Insurance companies often try to lowball victims of accidents, but we are experienced in fighting for the compensation you deserve.
While most motorcycle accident claims are settled outside a court, our attorneys are skilled and experienced litigators. We are not afraid to take your lawsuit to trial if necessary. No matter how complicated your case, our firm is here to help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
The Statute of Limitations for Motorcycle Accident Claims in Tampa Bay, Florida
The statute of limitations is the amount of time you have to file a claim after an accident. In Tampa Bay, the statute of limitations for motorcycle accident claims is two years from the date of the accident. This means that if you do not file your claim within two years, you will not be able to get compensation for your injuries.
How Much Is My Tampa Bay Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
The value of your case will depend on a number of factors, including the severity of your injuries, the amount of property damage, and whether you are partially at fault for the accident. If you are successful in your motorcycle accident claim, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Can I Still Recover Compensation If I’m Partially At Fault?
Under HB 837, Florida switched from a pure comparative fault system to a “greater percentage of fault” system in March 2023. This means that if a party is found to be greater than 50% at fault for their own harm, they are barred from recovering any damages.
In Tampa Bay, Florida, you can still recover compensation if you are partially at fault for the accident as long as you are not more than 50% at fault. This is known as modified comparative negligence. Under this doctrine, your compensation will be reduced by the percentage that you are at fault. For example, if you are found to be 20 percent at fault for the accident, your compensation will be reduced by 20 percent. However, a victim who is 50.1% to blame will recover nothing.
4 Steps to Take After a Motorcycle Crash in Tampa Bay
- Call the Police – When the police come to the scene, they will file a report. This report will be used as evidence later on in your case.
- Seek Medical Treatment – Getting medical attention for your injuries after auto accidents is important. Not only is it vital to protect yourself from additional harm, but it will also provide evidence that your injuries were a result of the car accident.
- Gather Evidence – If possible, take photographs of the accident scene and any visible injuries that you may have suffered from it. You should also get photos of all vehicles involved in the crash and their license plates and collect witness statements and insurance information from the other driver.
- Contact a Tampa Bay Personal Injury Lawyer – It is important to speak with our attorneys as soon as possible. They will be able to help you determine who is at fault for the accident and file a claim against them.
Our Florida Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Are Ready to Fight For You
At The Fran Haasch Law Group, we support the Tampa Bay biker community personally and professionally. We understand personal injury law for motorcyclists and have committed to protecting motorcycle rider rights.
We have handled numerous motorcycle accident claims in Clearwater, Palm Harbor, and Tampa and know insurance companies’ strategies to avoid rewarding full compensation.
If you feel you have been the victim of a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own. Our attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal process and work toward securing the maximum compensation you are owed. Call (727) 784-8191 or contact us online to get started on receiving maximum compensation for your personal injury case.